Subject: The GameKeeper Open Gaming in R.I. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
East Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gamekeeper has moved to Pawtucket at Hope Artiste Village (http://www.hopeartistevillage.com/page.php?id=14 ) , 1105 Main Street, Suite 2225.

There is open gaming 6 days a week and special events every week. Late night gaming on thurs, fri, sat.

I just started going there but am enjoying myself and my new friends already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish the website included a map of the complex. I also wish there was more signage, as I've driven by the complex several times and have only seen the The Blackstone restaurant.

1) Where do you usually park? I know there is parking behind the complex, but I don't know if this is too far from the store.
2) What entrance do you use?
3) Where is The Gamekeeper located within the complex?
4) Do you know their hours of operation?

Oh, and I think they are at 1005 Main St.

Thanks,

- Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a response from Larry Whalen, owner of The Gamekeeper:

Quote:
The entrance for the Gamekeeper is in the courtyard. If you pull in there you can park there and enter in the door across from the Blackstone. Our suite number is 2225. The phone is 728-0202. Please give a call if you have further problems. You are right signage is not up yet, but is being worked on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information! That is really close to where I work - will definitely have to check out the new location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well stocked store and there's people to game with almost every evening but the best nights are thurs, Fri, and saturday. Bring a friend, if there's no one to game with you can use any of the games in Larry's library as well. Hope to see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is their website:

http://www.gamekeeperri.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier, Sr.
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't be happier to see this thread. I began going to the Game Keeper regularly almost 2 years ago (I was an infreqent visitor prior to that). The open gaming is great, but it's always a great place to keep up on the current releases and re-issues. Plus, if you're in the market to buy, Mr. Whalen has a knack for matching up people with games that they'd like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great gaming goes on at the Gamekeeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I try to get there on Thursday nights and Saturdays. Will be out this weekend (gamday in Charlton MA).

We have a growing crowd every week.

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in Pawtucket for business 10/6 and 10/7. Is there any gaming Monday or Tuesday night?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While you can play on those nights there won't be as much of a crowd. Do check it out, but thurs-sat are the real busy nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C/o Alejandro Guzman
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to say but they are now closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Feinstein
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
alfromri wrote:
Sad to say but they are now closed.

I was his neighbor for 2 years and it's very sad Larry's store closed. cry

My name is David I own Die Hard Games and I took my store over in 2009. The prior owners setup shop next to Larry in the same building in 2007 shake

They focused on card games, but also sold board games and D&D just as Larry did. shake

When I took the store over, I told Larry I just wanted to do card games and we had a good working relationship. We ran Totalcon gamedays together in our building multiple times and had great customer bases for the respective games we sold.

Larry is a good man and ran a great store. He was basically seized upon by the landlord of the location we were in. soblue I was fortunate to move out without problems, but needless to say that location was not very conducive for gamestores.

I came on here basically to extol my sadness that Larry is closed. I have immense respect for him and he was a great neighbor. Prior to closing, he did tell me he was planning on re-opening, although has not yet to my knowledge.

I am still open down the road in Lincoln in a much larger location, although I don't sell any board games so my presence on here probably isn't useful to most of you blush

But if you're ever looking for CCG's such as magic/yugioh, I would recommend my store

For board games in the RI area, I'd highly recommend The Temple Games in Pawtucket. The owners Grant/Ximon Grant are great and they have a wonderful store. They also run Templecon every year and I ran Magic events there last year, but there were entire rooms dedicated to board games filled with hundreds of people. Any board game fanatic in the New England area should make it a priority to attend Templecon 2012. No one paid me to say that laugh

Anyway back to the point of my post, Larry was a phenomenal gamestore owner and I was proud to be his neighbor. I believe he'll open another store someday, but either way Gamekeeper was a great store.

Thanks and take care.

- Dave F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls