Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Svein Main
Norway
Joerpeland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Me and a friends families are going to spend some time in Denmark, and we are wondering if there is any Gamestores in Flensburg area, by the Denmark border?

Hope anyone can help us, as games are twice the price here in Norway than in Germany....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
The current moderation is unfair and one-sided...
badge
... So I am not supporting BGG in 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
You are in luck! I visited Flensburg last year and found this shop on the main pedestrian street:

Gandalph

It had an excellent selection of games - but mostly German editions, naturally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frog of Doom
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I can only agree: Gandalph is a very good choice.
There's another toy store called Brüning in the same street (Große Straße.-opposite McDonald's). They have mainly toys, but also a rather good deal of boardgames in the basement. At least you can find there most of the bigger publishers (Ravensburger, Amigo, Schmidt etc.)
There has recently opened another toy store in the "Flensburg Galerie" (near Südermarkt), called br-spielwaren. I can't say much about it, because it opened after I moved to Hamburg, but maybe you want to give it a try.

Cheers,

André

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svein Main
Norway
Joerpeland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for good advices. Gandalph will definently get a visit from us, and maybe the others too.

Do you know anything about the prices at Gandalphs, compared to Allgames etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frog of Doom
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

compared to online shops like Allgames, their prices are of course higher, but it varies a lot. I can't tell you exactly (last time I was there is two years ago), but I think they always had rather good prices for the Kosmos-titles. The other games were on a "normal" level, above online shops, but ok for a german game store (maybe 5-10€ more, depending on the publisher and price of the game - and it varies from game to game, you can't say it generally). The nearest game store for me (in Hamburg) is at least way more expensive. I don't know how many import games (like Fantasy Flight, Avalon Hill...) they sell right now, but these were rather expensive.

Happy shopping in Flensburg

André

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svein Main
Norway
Joerpeland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vielen dank fur sehr gute advice of gamingstores in Flensburg! Cant wait to get there, just 4 months left to select out the right games to look for, and of course kaufen.

Thank you a lot!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls