Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: FLGS Oakland or Macomb County MICHIGAN rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have or know of a local game store on Oakland or Macomb county in MI??

I have checks telephone books and on line, but it looks like along with the jobs, most of the Game stores have also closed down or left MI.

Also if you have a FLGS do you know of a game group?

Thanks in advance for your answers!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Bailey
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Down in Livonia on 5 or 6 Mile and Middlebelt or Merriman, there is RIW Hobbies, they have a pretty decent selection of games. In Ann Arbor there is Get Your Game On on Packard and Vault of Midnight on Main. In Ypsilanti, there is Fun4All on Washtenaw and Rider's Hobbies at Ellsworth and Carpenter. Flint still has a Rider's Hobbies.
1 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366 ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mikoyan wrote:
Down in Livonia on 5 or 6 Mile and Middlebelt or Merriman, there is RIW Hobbies, they have a pretty decent selection of games. In Ann Arbor there is Get Your Game On on Packard and Vault of Midnight on Main. In Ypsilanti, there is Fun4All on Washtenaw and Rider's Hobbies at Ellsworth and Carpenter. Flint still has a Rider's Hobbies.

Thanks even though they are not in oakland or macomb, but I do not think their are any left here soblue . SO they are a good start and more than I have been able to find around here so good job and thank you!

Now if you had to pick 2 which 2 would you pick for getting games from?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried Blue Dragon Games?

http://www.bluedragongames.com/forum/portal.php
1 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Bailey
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
pepperhead wrote:
mikoyan wrote:
Down in Livonia on 5 or 6 Mile and Middlebelt or Merriman, there is RIW Hobbies, they have a pretty decent selection of games. In Ann Arbor there is Get Your Game On on Packard and Vault of Midnight on Main. In Ypsilanti, there is Fun4All on Washtenaw and Rider's Hobbies at Ellsworth and Carpenter. Flint still has a Rider's Hobbies.

Thanks even though they are not in oakland or macomb, but I do not think their are any left here soblue . SO they are a good start and more than I have been able to find around here so good job and thank you!

Now if you had to pick 2 which 2 would you pick for getting games from?
If you like mostly Euros, RIW is definately the choice.
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thomas
United States
Alma
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You really only need one option - RIW.

Pam is the owner, and if she doesn't have it in stock, chances are it's on its way or she can order it for you.

I stop there every time I'm in town (and usually spend money). Best game store I've been to ever, hands down.

PT
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pwt1997 wrote:
You really only need one option - RIW.

Pam is the owner, and if she doesn't have it in stock, chances are it's on its way or she can order it for you.

I stop there every time I'm in town (and usually spend money). Best game store I've been to ever, hands down.

PT
I stopped there today and I agree its a great store. The best I've seen for selection in Michigan.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dawn
United States
Monroe
MI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one way down in Monroe County, in Monroe on First Street but it won't compare in selection to the finer choices that have been mentioned.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls