Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Friend Computer
United States
Alpha Complex
[Deleted for Security Reasons]
flag msg tools
PARANOIA: MISSION 3

Well, great. The squadron of flybots that transported your Troubleshooter team all the way out here to RAD sector has dumped you all off and departed. Now you are all standing here on the dark, flickering expanse of RAD Sector Landing Platform A-3, looking at each other and wondering what to do next. No supplies were given you beyond what you're carrying. It was assumed in the mission briefing that the RAD sector Production, Logistics & Commissary (PLC) section would issue you any additional food and supplies you might need.

Except that RAD sector looks completely and utterly deserted. Everything here is covered in dust and rust, most of the lights and autodoors don't seem to work, and there are pools of dank water and glowing greenish goo everywhere. (The glowing ooze might explain why the geiger counters on your utility belts are all crackling so merrily.)

Well, you've been on enough of these stupid missions to know EXACTLY what is going on. The Computer got the idea -- who knows where from -- that there was a nest of Commie Mutant Traitors operating here in RAD sector. Except that there are no Commies here. In fact, there is NO ONE here AT ALL, and probably hasn't been for deca-cycles. In short, you've been sent here to kill a bunch of traitors that don't exist, in a sector that was probably condemned and abandoned due to radioactive contamination long before you left your cloning tank.

But you can't fail in your mission -- failure would be treason, and treason means summary execution. And that's not for you. No-siree Bob-R. So you have to succeed, no matter what it takes.

That leaves one small problem. You were ordered to kill a bunch of Commie Mutant Traitors, so you can't succeed without some dead Commies to show for it. Or, at least ... some dead bodies that can't deny that they were Commie Mutant Traitors when they were alive. So, it's down to the standard backup plan: kill off your fellow Troubleshooters until only you and your fellow Secret Society brothers survive, and then radio for extraction before you die of starvation and/or radiation poisioning. Then you can go back and file a phony mission report that makes you all look good, collect your well-deserved promotions, and return to your semi-comfortable barracks (at least, until the next mission alert).

However, there are two complications with your standard backup plan. One: You aren't sure exactly which of your fellow Troubleshooters belong to your Secret Society. Two: Judging by the looks in the other clones' eyes, and the way they are fingering their lasers, they have the exact same standard backup plan that you do.

Oh, well. Just another day in good old Alpha Complex ...

TROUBLESHOOTER TEAM ROSTER:

WINNERS:

arkibet (Ark-O-BET-2)
Dwsparks (Dwspa-O-KSS-3)

MichaelL (Michael-R-TEX-1) /// PURGE Soldier (Shot Round Ten)

bwt2q (Bwt-O-UVA-1) /// Corpore Metal Telepath (Sniped Round Nine)

acekim (Ace-R-KIM-1) /// PURGE Telepath (Sniped Round Eight)
dturnerfish (Fish-R-MAN-2) /// PURGE Soldier (Sniped Round Eight)

Anonymouse512 (Mouse-R-NON-1) /// Corpore Metal Mutant (Sniped Round Seven)
rasattack (Ras-R-TAK-2) /// Corpore Metal Mutant (Died of Wounds Round Seven)
Xandryyte (Xand-R-BSW-3) /// PURGE Mutant (Shot Round Seven)

JCwid (JC-R-SXY-1) /// Death Leopard Soldier (VAPORIZED Round Six)thumbsup

Beowulf (Be-O-WLF-1) /// PURGE Vanilla Troubleshooter (Lobotomized Round Five)
Esuh (Esu-R-ATE-1) /// Death Leopard Commie Traitor (Shot Round Five)

kristiefix (Kristie-R-FIX-1) /// Death Leopard Telepath (Shot Round Four)
General Zod (Trigg-R-HPY-2) /// Corpore Metal Soldier (VAPORIZED Round Four) thumbsup

(No casualties Round Three yuk )

CompToadee-R-ILC-1 (CompToadee-R-ILC-2) /// PURGE Mutant (Shot Round Two)
greek2me (Guh-R-EEK-3) /// PURGE Soldier (Shot Round Two)
NickJost (NickJost-R-GUY-2) /// Corpore Metal Vanilla Troubleshooter (Shot Round Two)
randomgerbil (Ge-R-BIL-1) /// Death Leopard Mutant (Died of Wounds Round Two)
Rubric (Rubric-R-KEN-3) /// Corpore Metal Commie Traitor (Sniped Round Two)
seanp (SCSI-R-YOU-3) /// Corpore Metal Vanilla Troubleshooter (Died of Wounds Round Two)

SatanicEssence (Smee-R-MEW-2) /// Death Leopard Vanilla Troubleshooter (Sniped Round One)
rjphelan (RJ-R-PHE-1) /// Internal Security Plant (Sniped Round One)

NOTE: Players are asked to address each other with their short Troubleshooter designations (e.g., "Frank-R") and suitable Alpha Complex pleasantries. Examples: "A pleasant daycycle to you, Citizen Schlump-R!" "Serve the Computer, Citizen Fred-R!" "Pardon me, Citizen Suck-R, would you mind standing perfectly still as I carefully aim my laser at your left eyeball? Thanks ever so much!"

GAME STATS:

Clones Still Standing: 3
Clones Wounded: 0

Total Casualties: 19
Clones Vaporized: 2

Total Death Leopard Killed: 5
Total PURGE Killed: 6
Total Corpore Metal Killed: 7

Total Telepaths Killed: 3
Total Vanilla Troubleshooters Killed: 4
Total Mutants Killed: 5
Total Soldiers Killed: 4
Total Commie Traitors* Killed: 2

Total Internal Security Plants Killed: 1

* Does not include converts

LINK TO RULES THREAD

Here is a link to the sign-up thread and rules: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2071458#2071458

---------------------------------------

Round One has now begun, and will end at 8:00 PM BGG / Central Time on Monday, March 3. Players must PM their Action Order to Friend Computer before that time, or forfeit their Action.

Note: All future posts from Friend Computer will be in this snazzy, eye-catching blue type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Morland
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PARANOIA MISSION 3: GAME ON!!!
Greetings my fellow troubleshooters, I am Ge-R newly raised in security clearance to help our glorious friend computer in whatever way it deems fit. However as I am on my first assignment, in order to learn from such grizzled veterans as yourselves, I shall take a position at the back in order to watch and learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JC-R-SXY-1 ready, locked and loaded.

*hanging around at the back? sheesh shake Looks like we've got to rely on the women in this war*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TRIGG -R HPY-2
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Bouncy bubbly beverages are proof that the computer loves us and wants us to be happy. Cheers! What a daycycle this is going to be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JCwid wrote:

*hanging around at the back? sheesh shake Looks like we've got to rely on the women in this war*

Obviously, JC-R-SXY-1 is one of those extremely talented and hardened veterans. I nominate that we let her take the point position, so that she will be able to see and indicate any nefarious traps laid for our doom by the Commie Mutant Traitors. It will no doubt lead to a successful mission with minimum casualties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Acekim
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All hail the great Computer! Greetings to fellow loyal troubleshooters! Let us root out the Commie Mutant threat and serve our glorious Maker!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor is In
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael-R-TEX-1 reporting for duty. All glory to the computer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rjphelan wrote:
JCwid wrote:

Obviously, JC-R-SXY-1 is one of those extremely talented and hardened veterans. I nominate that we let her take the point position, so that she will be able to see and indicate any nefarious traps laid for our doom by the Commie Mutant Traitors. It will no doubt lead to a successful mission with minimum casualties.

Veteran my arse! This will be my first campaign. But I won't cower at the back. I like to be where the action is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
Rock-N-Roll! Friend Computer is the bomb...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seanp wrote:

*points his laser at seanp*

Was that some kind of Commie code? You would dare use "bomb" in the same sentence as the enlightened and almighty Friend Computer? Such a suggestion is forbidden! and is evidence of a sinister purpose!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor is In
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rjphelan wrote:
seanp wrote:

Was that some kind of Commie code? You would dare use "bomb" in the same sentence as the enlightened and almighty Friend Computer? Such a suggestion is forbidden! and is evidence of a sinister purpose!

Plus I heard Friend Computer only likes smooth jazz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MichaelL wrote:
rjphelan wrote:
seanp wrote:

Plus I heard Friend Computer only likes smooth jazz.

Really? I heard Friend Computer liked heavy metal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friend Computer
United States
Alpha Complex
flag msg tools
rjphelan wrote:
Really? I heard Friend Computer liked heavy metal.

One could always check Friend Computer's profile (or at least those parts which are cleared for RED clearance consumption) ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friend Computer
United States
Alpha Complex
flag msg tools
Mission Update:

During mission prep, the GREEN clearance briefing officer indicated that the following major Secret Societies were suspected of having infiltrated the team:

Death Leopard
PURGE
Corpore Metal

That is all. Have a nice day, Citizens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fish-R-MAN-2 reporting to duty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ark-R-BET-2 reporting for duty!

Thank You, Friend Computer, for selecting me for this mission!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Xand-R *loves* Friend Computer and will do her bestest to get rid of the threat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hello fellow troubleshooters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Guffey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Run you clever boy, and REMEMBER!
badge
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning fellow troubleshooters, I do hope that everyone has a pleasant day while serving the computer. I shall be doing some remote installs suggested by The Computer. As I will have several processes running at once (The Computer encourages effeciency) I may not be completely available to engage in as many social activities today. The Computer assures me that such social activities are secondary to this work, but feels very strongly about me allocating some time towards the community and has recommended contact with at least 4 individuals.

All hail The Computer!

Based on the latest news:

Friend Computer wrote:
Mission Update:

During mission prep, the GREEN clearance briefing officer indicated that the following major Secret Societies were suspected of having infiltrated the team:

Death Leopard
PURGE
Corpore Metal

That is all. Have a nice day, Citizens!

I shall use my recommended (thus required) time with the community to help deduce who these infiltrators might be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Mouse-R-NON-1 reporting, laser at the ready! I am ready to assist Friend Computer. Any others wishing to do so, please contact me. We shall root out the Commie traitors together!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rjphelan wrote:
seanp wrote:

Perhaps my fellow troubleshooter is not well versed in the vernacular of weapon wielding movies of the late 20th century. I was simply expressing my extreme interest in rooting out commie scum, and also indicating a high level of appreciation for Friend Computer, surpassing all other allegiances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TRIGG -R HPY-2
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I can't hear you! Sound off like you have a pair! 9 Troubleshooters haven't spoken and that is less than 10 hours from being considered treason!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Pleasant daycycle, troubleshooters!

Bwt-O-UVA-1 reporting for duty. I am proud to be asked to serve friend computer again.

For those who are new to RAD sector, please note that Friend Computer wishes to reward all those who have taken the proactive step of joining a secret society. If you are a secret society member, please line up together against the wall - yes, that one over there - and place your lasgun on the floor, since you will need both hands to hold your reward.

You may wish to close your eyes to increase the surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwt2q wrote:
Pleasant daycycle, troubleshooters!

Bwt-O-UVA-1 reporting for duty. I am proud to be asked to serve friend computer again.

If I remember correctly, the rules encourage (in fact, practically require) metagaming.

Therefore, I must point out that in the last game, Bwt-O-UVA-1 (aka bwt2q) was a big, fat, pants-on-fire LIAR! (and so were a lot of other people, but he's the one I remember).

So, ummmm... let's all shoot him.

Oh by the way, in Game 1, I earned the much coveted award of "Sacred Order of the Smoking Boot" with bullseye device, no less. This is a challenging award to win, as it requires at least 8 people to shoot you all at the same time. So even though I really appreciated it, I just want to make sure somebody else gets the chance to enjoy such a glamorous award. In fact, if the recent Champions game offered awards, I would have received another Smoking Boot (and Purple Spleen too).

In other words, enough awards for me. Somebody else take one, please.

Quote:
For those who are new to RAD sector, please note that Friend Computer wishes to reward all those who have taken the proactive step of joining a secret society.

Speaking of which, isn't it too early to drop hints? Still first page, and yet we have references to rock and roll (clearly a Def Leopard reference) as well as heavy metal (no doubt a nod to Corpore Metal).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

If I remember correctly, the rules encourage (in fact, practically require) metagaming.

Therefore, I must point out that in the last game, Bwt-O-UVA-1 (aka bwt2q) was a big, fat, pants-on-fire LIAR!

Indeed, we have TWO troubleshooters among us who sport an "O" level clearance. Frankly, I'm worried that they would be prime communist recruitment targets, and have probably already been killed and replaced with communist clones who have infiltrated our midst. I recommend that all troubleshooters aim at one of these two treasonous [deleted for sensitivity reasons] immediately...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.