Popular Tags: [View All]
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
badge
But what is the question?
mbmbmbmbmb

Well I'm vissiting London for a week and today I decided to go shoping. These are my expiriances of the various shops I visited.

Boardgames first. Up to now I have visited 4 shops. Dominoes at Greenwich had the best workers. They were real friendly and invited me to play Indian billiard or something. The shop had some games but not a very big collection. Orc's nest was a dissapointment really. They had a mediocre collection of war games and the customer service was... well not good lacking a better word. Playing games was a really nice shop with a nice collection of games. Liesure games was my great dissapointment. It is a 30 min ride out of London with the tube and although it was the biggest and best shop I visited I was dissapointed to find that their internet catalogue is not kept up to date. The shop was supposed to have 2 copies of CC:E but there wasn't any.

Comic book shop now eh? Well I visited forbidden planet wich is a cool shop but if you really want a great variety of alternative books visit Gosh! I could stay all day there just browsing all the selves. Best comic book shop I've seen!

Well that's about it. Just wanted to share my thoughts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been years but I found a great comic shop right across from the British Museum. IIRC it was between the Tube stop and the museum. I absolutely love London. If I could figure out how to afford to live and work there I would. Are you going to try and see and EPL game? That would be fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
badge
But what is the question?
mbmbmbmbmb

London is the most expencive city I have visited in my life! Yep the shop across the British Museum is Gosh! Great bhop really. Right now I want to see a musical or a theater.I want to visit Hyde Park a few markets and 2 museums. I have a really full program!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
CHELMSFORD
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Interesting that Playin' Games came out tops in your review of London shops. On my last visit the shelves were looking a bit bare. I was hoping that would only be a temporary situation. I agree about the customer service in Orc's Nest, though I've usually found what I've been after on their wargame shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls