Magnus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone.

My wife and I are planning a trip to Seattle next month, and we'd like to pick up a game or two while we're down there.

What's a good FLGS with a decent selection? ( Since I won't be back for a while, I'm not terribly concerned with a return policy. ) It's hard to get a good idea from Google, since anything that sells a video game is a "gaming" store as far as they're concerned.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three that I know of worth going to in Seattle proper.

1. Gary's Games 85th N and Greenwood Ave. On Greenwood, west side of street, next door to McDonalds. Good selection, retail prices.

2. Berserk Games 73rd N and Phinney (Greenwood turns into Phinney, this place is 12 blocks down the street from the first), west side of street, just south of Ken's market. Good selection, nearly internet prices.

3. Blue Highway Games - Queen Anne Ave N, just north of the 4 way stop, west side of street. Decent selection, high retail prices, but a very nice store.

There's also American Eagle Hobbies on Lake City, (mostly wargame stuff and old ASL modules and bad late-AH games).

On the Eastside there are several Uncle's Games locations, (Redmond Towne Center and Crossroads Mall), as well as Genesis Games in Redmond as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Three that I know of worth going to in Seattle proper.

1. Gary's Games 85th N and Greenwood Ave. On Greenwood, west side of street, next door to McDonalds. Good selection, retail prices.

2. Berserk Games 73rd N and Phinney (Greenwood turns into Phinney, this place is 12 blocks down the street from the first), west side of street, just south of Ken's market. Good selection, nearly internet prices.

3. Blue Highway Games - Queen Anne Ave N, just north of the 4 way stop, west side of street. Decent selection, high retail prices, but a very nice store.

There's also American Eagle Hobbies on Lake City, (mostly wargame stuff and old ASL modules and bad late-AH games).

On the Eastside there are several Uncle's Games locations, (Redmond Towne Center and Crossroads Mall), as well as Genesis Games in Redmond as well.

I think there is an Uncle's Games in the Bellisfair mall, if you are going that way. That is, to Vancouver first, then south.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to hit Gary's and Berserk together. I tend to think of them both as the cheapest of the regular FLGS that I hit, but I'll have to pay more attention to the prices.

Blue Highway won't be the cheapest, but it's worth visiting if you would like to see how a game store can be clean, inviting, and just generally appealing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/170837
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoriah Wieth
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Games Plus in Woodenville (North of Seattle a little bit) has a bunch of older stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zoriah wrote:
Games Plus in Woodenville (North of Seattle a little bit) has a bunch of older stuff.

Ack!!!! Why didn't you post this a few days ago? LOL.

We just finished a trip to Seattle and area.

P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chanfan wrote:
I like to hit Gary's and Berserk together.

Berserk is cheaper, but Gary's has a greater selection. They are both on the same street about ten blocks from each other.

Blue Highway is a nice store as well.

edit for spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls