Christopher Brandon
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avalanche press is releasing a new game shortly called Island of Death. It covers the invasion of Malta in WW2. The map is the entire island at 1km=1hex...which is the scale of OGRE/GEV!!

It looks GREAT an I can already see all sorts of potential scenarios like two ogres dueling to conquer the island. A force of Gev's and paratroopers trying to take the island from an OGRE. Give it a look!

http://www.avalanchepress.com/gameIslandOfDeath.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Sumner
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if there's a way to purchase the map separately? I could see several amphibious assault scenarios taking place on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenway5 wrote:
Avalanche press is releasing a new game shortly called Island of Death. It covers the invasion of Malta in WW2. The map is the entire island at 1km=1hex...which is the scale of OGRE/GEV!!

It looks GREAT an I can already see all sorts of potential scenarios like two ogres dueling to conquer the island. A force of Gev's and paratroopers trying to take the island from an OGRE. Give it a look!

http://www.avalanchepress.com/gameIslandOfDeath.php

Not trying to totally rain on the parade, but you'll want to make sure that the actual size of the hexes matches up as well before you purchase. Just cause the scale's the same, don't mean your pieces will fit (or look decent)

On the other hand, I can't imagine too many wargames with chits smaller than OGRE...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brandon
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it works perfectly, in addition the old AP games blood in the snow and their other Finalnd WW2 game (not Panzer Grenadier) provide terrific heavy wooded arctic maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.