MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
In January, I posted the following thread about a good experience my wife had at a FLGS here in Madison and at that time I was wandering if we lived in a special city. Th thread was this one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/273406

Last week we drove down to visit friends in Cincinnati and we decided to visit a game store. First, we tried Violet Vortex which I found good referrences here @ BGG. It is now out of business.

Next day, I got the address of a couple of stores @ the RGG website and decided to visit the Ivory Tower in Lebanon, a few minutes away from King's Island.

I was pleasantly surprised. It is one of the nicest gamestores I have ever been. My wife thought it was the best one.

The space is great and ample. There is a whole part dedicated to kids games, puzzles and toys. There were 2 gamers playing Magic and they did not seem to care about the presence of a young female in the place. The owner greeted us and the 2 of us spent a few minutes chatting. We felt very welcome at the place.

The assortment of boargames was impressive and they were easy to find due to the organization by publisher. I went just to get to know the place but I ended up buying a game just because I had a very good time.

My wife and I continue our lucky streak of finding great gamestores in the USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say I've been to that one, but I don't make it up to Lebanon much except to go ride the railroad. I typically go to either Boardwalk or SciFi City (used to be Nord's).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YottaQuest in Mt. Healthy.