Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asked this question about a year ago. And the only one was about 20 miles outside of Charlotte.

I'm here for a week, and will need to get a fix from somewhere.

Emcher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Street
United States
Mount Pleasant
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Currently very likely to either be roleplaying or planning to roleplay
mbmbmbmbmb
Underground Games (http://undergroundgamesofcharlotte.com)
Above Board Games (http://aboveboardgames.net) - Tega Cay actually...
Games HQ (http://gameshqonline.com)

ABG is probably your best bet for board game love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in case you are in the north Charlotte(Lake Norman area), there is a games/comic store that just opened recently. they have a pretty decent selection of board games, lots of minis(warhammer, etc.) and tons of comics. http://pbkwcomics.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Made it out to Games HQ today. I'm mainly into Boardgames. Wasn't a large selection, but I did pick up a copy of Field Commander Rommel, so that was worth the visit.

Thanks again for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Lugar
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Will for the FYI about the comic store in the Lake Normal area. I checked it out and while it doesn't have the selection of above board games it did have 1960 The making of the president and I had to pick it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Street
United States
Mount Pleasant
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Currently very likely to either be roleplaying or planning to roleplay
mbmbmbmbmb
luganator wrote:
Thanks Will for the FYI about the comic store in the Lake Normal area. I checked it out and while it doesn't have the selection of above board games it did have 1960 The making of the president and I had to pick it up.

Though Luganator's version seems broken...it only allows republican wins! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Milburn
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Now if he was to come into the store now.. it would be a totally different story... I have quite a few games now... hehehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chelsey King
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live just outside of Charlotte, Games HQ is by far the friendliest store. The owner and staff are super nice. Unfortunately they don't do a lot with BGs. This is where I buy all my RPG stuff though.

Underground Games carried a fair selection of games last time I was there. I haven't been in over a year because their service sucks and their staff is super SUPER rude. Its mostly a Warhammer store, but they certainly have board games, and if you must buy this week, this store will probably be your best bet.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like UG Games closed. Like I said their service was crap so its no surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Without a doubt you need to get up to Parker, Banner, Kent, and Wayne Comics & Games. http://www.pbkwcomics.com/

Matt there is awesome. Tell him Keith sent ya!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
te3b0r
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep Underground closed and IMO GamesHQ is not a FLGS its just a LGS. PBKW is a true FLGS!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chelsey King
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pics look nice, I like GamesHQ but I am not so loyal that I wouldn't switch. Anyone know if they have a nice selection of minis and paint and whatnot?

My husband is way into comic books, so I wouldn't mind meeting all of our nerd needs under one roof. Particularly since we are already driving in from Gastonia to Charlotte to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
te3b0r
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They have everything from AT-43 to 40k and at least for 40k and Fantasy they have all they races covered (I dont play the rest so dont really want to speak to them). As far as paints go, I have seen all the normal GW stuff and the Reaper MS stuff too. Plus as you say you can get everything all under one roof which you cant beat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chelsey King
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, my husband and I will probably go check this out sometime twords the end of October. Since we can only make one trip into town a month we wait till the end of the month to make sure we get all our books, otherwise I would want to go this weekend.

Hopefully they have a pretty decent selection of Reaper minis, it seems fewer and fewer stores these days carry em.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Milburn
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
PBKW currently doesnt have reaper minis.. very sad face... special orders can be made easily though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chelsey King
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are coming in to check it out tomorrow. (we have been anticipating this trip for like..2 weeks) It's too bad about the reaper minis, but since Christmas is coming up I am in restricted purchasing mode anyhow.

BTW I hope you guys bring in the Warmachine Formula P3 paints. I've heard nothing but really good things about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chelsey King
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update to say that PBKW is a FANTASTIC store. I am sure in the upcoming year between my husband and myself we will spend a small fortune here. It's a larger store then I expected and you could easily spend well over an hour looking at all of the stuff they carry. HIGHLY recommended to anyone within an hours drive, I've been to pretty much all of the game stores in this area and this one is the best, no contest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls