Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great scoop indeed!

le_el wrote:
-------------------------------
Improved Logistics: development, cost 3, 2 VP
Settle: May place a second military/non-military world (settle twice in one turn)
[He said that "it's gonna be hard to use it". I couldn't read the text on the card.]

It's hard to read, but I think the text on the card is something like this:

"Does not use any powers from the first world placed, do not draw a Settle bonus card for the second world"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to see some news on Gathering Storm. I'm most interested in those new starting worlds, as the original 5 get a bit dull after a while! 10 worlds in total will be a nice variety! Still no firm date though, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waffles? Arooo!
United Kingdom
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lots of explore power worlds out there it seems. Good news for Seti, that's going to make it one of the best 6 devs, I would have thought (it's pretty good already)

Doomed World would be good with Lost Ark Species World in the opening hand.

Damaged Alien factory's interesting. Alien military production is powerful, I suppose which is why you have to discard a card to produce.

Improved Logistics looks very nice for a military player especially. Would make for ineresting play in 2 player. Theoretically if develop/develop and settle/settle are called, 6 cards could be played in 1 turn

Terraforming gets fleshed out, I wonder if Uplift and Imperium will be as well, or if that's for the 2nd expansion.

I like the sound of short/mid term goals. Makes you have to think about things a bit more. Do you make the play that sets up your engine best for the long term, or sacrifice your development slightly in order to gain a few points in the short term? Hopefully it won't force people's play in one direction though, although I can't imagine it would with the amount of playtesting.

2nd Expansion sounds interesting too. I wonder how "attacking" is going to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice scoop! Hopefully this means they're on the fast track for the expansion.

I'm glad to see the 'discard a card to produce' mechanic introduced, I'd been batting an idea like that around, and now it may be possible to 'cost' it for other purposes.

A reduced starting hand for a gene windfall seems more than fair - and you can bet what the first move of THAT player will be.

Imperium/Rebel attacking sounds like "optional PvP" to me. There will be some players who simple refuse to play the cards which can be attacked - ever. I wonder how that will affect the game.

Terraforming Guild looks crazy for the military player who's perpetually stuck with a ton of windfalls.

Same for Improved Logistics - seems very geared towards the mlitary player.

So far I like what I see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds good. I like the idea of conflict being restricted to certain cards, so you can choose to take the risk of conflict, but can avoid it so long as you dont touch rebel/imperial cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So how does attacking imperium / rebel cards actually work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
So how does attacking imperium / rebel cards actually work?

You'll have to wait at least another six months for the answer to that question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Imperium Seat: 6-point dev, can attack Rebel cards
Rebel Alliance: 6-point dev, can attack Imperium cards
If you don't have Imperium or Rebel cards, you can't be attacked.

None of those three statements is completely accurate... ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, it's also worth mentioning that the cards shown in the video are images from my prototype design; I was surprised to see those instead of the actual production cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rebel and Imperium cards are vulnerable to attack, only if your opponent gets the proper development?
Doesn't seem so bad. If you draw and discard Rebel Alliance early on, you can feel confident that your imperium cards won't be attacked. At least for quite a while :-) The Rebel/Imperium "war" doesn't sound like something that will happen every game since you'd presumably have to be playing a military strategy AND end up with the right development. Sounds like an interesting mechanic, but I can't imagine it will be something too complicated.

These short term goals sound interesting though. I don't think they will define how you play, since if you draw a combo of really nice cards you'll want to play them regardless of whether they fulfill goals or not. If your cards don't synergize that well with each other, you may at least be able to grab a short-term goal with them even if you can't make an entire strategy out of it.

Compare to TtR where some players barely draw any tickets and just take the longest routes they can and occasionally block their rivals, and then the players that have a sprawling network of short routes that connect dozens of cities and complete several tickets... Yeah, the short term goals kind of reminded me of tickets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Unspecified
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmb
30 cards? Is this right? The price seems a little steep for a 30 card expansion, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpstorm wrote:
30 cards? Is this right? The price seems a little steep for a 30 card expansion, IMHO.

Your not just getting cards, and if I'm not mistaken this one is the 50 card expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
le_el wrote:

Are you sure you don't want to give us some completely accurate information?

ninja

I'm sure I want to, but I shouldn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_el wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
You'll have to wait at least another six months for the answer to that question.

Unless we can, hmm, *persuade* Tom Lehmann or Wei-Hwa Huang to come over and drop a line...

How much GeekGold do you have left?

Change I can barely dig out of my pocket. But I think it'd take more than Geek Gold to make that kind of persuasion...

Has anybody got any Monopoly money?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have to wonder why so little information on the expansion has been revealed... by this time with the original game, we had lots of card examples and I think we may have even had the rules released for preview.

Are we going to keep getting a steady stream of info on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe N
Belgium
Uccle
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I think they should reprint a tuned down version of the Seti along with the extension...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
le_el wrote:
At least we can infer the rest is accurate...

Well, the rest is going to be in the first expansion, so you'll find out soon enough how accurate it is.

As a general rule of thumb, nothing is ever guaranteed to be accurate in these matters since things could always change at the last minute.

Phoxtrot wrote:
Well, I think they should reprint a tuned down version of the Seti along with the extension...

There's no reason to tune down SETI -- the SETI point ratio goes from
about 1.58 to 1.61; it's not really noticeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
I do have to wonder why so little information on the expansion has been revealed... by this time with the original game, we had lots of card examples and I think we may have even had the rules released for preview.

Why wonder? It'll come out and we'll get stuff. No need to pre-empt it's release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsday wrote:
Felkor wrote:

Why wonder? It'll come out and we'll get stuff. No need to pre-empt it's release.

We don't need. But we want.

Okay, maybe we need a little bit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
Windham
Connecticut
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsday wrote:
Felkor wrote:

Well, if we know before hand we can "try them out" before we buy them.

I'm going to have a game with the new home worlds listed above and see how they work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_el wrote:

Odinsday wrote:

... and that's why we're here.

Well yes, but there's no 'the producers and distributors must gives us details every week'. It's nice and all but they don't have too... That's all I was saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brenton t vallade
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AHHHHHH!

very painful to watch. to quote bruce willis in fith element "i only speak two languages. english and bad english."
i really wanted to know more about this expansion. it was hard to watch this interview and not understand word one of what was being said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brentont wrote:
AHHHHHH!

very painful to watch. to quote bruce willis in fith element "i only speak two languages. english and bad english."
i really wanted to know more about this expansion. it was hard to watch this interview and not understand word one of what was being said.

Ditto! When are we going to get an English preview??!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Is "Damaged Alien Factory" a military world or a wealth world?

Three of the last four "basic set" games we've played have been downright boring. 150 games is the limit for our group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrWeasely wrote:
Is "Damaged Alien Factory" a military world or a wealth world?

"Wealth world"? Do you mean "non-military world"? (During one of my early revisions I used the term "economic world", but Tom nixed that idea.)

Anyway, Damaged Alien Factory is a military world with defense 3, which makes it fit in nicely in between Alien Robot Sentry and Alien Robot Scout Ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.