flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Consider this link a strategy guide!

Or don't.
If you're going to post a strategy guide, then write one. Don't just link to a gamelog of an online game. Nobody is going to get anything at all from this.
Post your thoughts on why you made different decisions at various points in the game; what were your plans, what were you hoping to achieve; why did things go your way, or not?
Hoity is basically rock-paper-scissors in a nice wrapping, so is going to be hard to analyse in any depth. Give it a go though. Spend some time writing an article and you may get rewarded for it (or you may not). Be creative, put some effort in and do a proper job.
Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
The people you were playing against clearly didn't know how to play the game. Why are you pleased about winning against a group of clueless newbies? Or were you running all 6 positions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BFoy wrote:
The people you were playing against clearly didn't know how to play the game. Why are you pleased about winning against a group of clueless newbies? Or were you running all 6 positions?

Clearly, I was not, nor did I say I was proud of myself or gloating. Did you just assume that because its what you would have done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
"Consider this link a strategy guide!"

Implies you are proud of the game you played. I would consider that game as a waste of my time (which answers your sarcastic comment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am proud, as spielbyweb doesn't strike me as a haven of casual gamers. I just didn't say I was. I posted it as a noteworthy and perhaps humourous game result, which doesn't strike me as some breach of etiquette. Yes, the 'Strategy' category was sarcastic, and if you really thought I meant for it to be a strategy guide, then I guess I'm sorry you misinterpreted it. It's all text, so I don't blame you. Still, you may want to be a little more careful with the flamethrower in the future. If you check out my other posts around this website, you'll see I'm not a very controversial figure.

To respond to your second point, your two posts would imply that it actually was worth your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Weage
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Wow: I read the base message and mistakenly thought the author's point was that to consider this game log to be a strategy guide would be a good way "not to play Hotiy Toity".

Once I followed the link, I had to agree with that assessment - as it was obvious that the actual game play was not quite mediocre.

I assumed that someone had tried to pass that game off as instructive, somewhere on the web, and this was a laughable comment on it - much like apparently stoned console gamers doing an extended video review that only demonstrates that they were totally clueless about the game they were reviewing.

I may have been totally wrong about the author's point - but I thank him anyway, as I had a great laugh while thinking over how I had misread his intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
atomzero wrote:
It's all text, so I don't blame you. Still, you may want to be a little more careful with the flamethrower in the future. If you check out my other posts around this website, you'll see I'm not a very controversial figure.

Ok, you are right, I did come on way too strong. I was tired and alittle cranky this morning. I apologise for that.

atomzero wrote:
To respond to your second point, your two posts would imply that it actually was worth your time.

To post comments, not play Hoity Toity with those guys. Hopefully they played fast...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody's cool here. I really did not expect poor reactions when I posted it. I later realized how it might be interpreted, and put on the flame suit. These things just happen on the web. It's all good.

I was shaking my head the whole game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atomzero wrote:

I was shaking my head the whole game.

good job!

and all of them on the first leg, too!

btw i will take this as somewhat of a strategy guide. i'd never read through a hoity toity gamelog before and now that i have i expect it to help my next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.