Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're travelling around Japan and staying in these cities. In Kyoto we're staying near the downtown train station; I don't remember about Hiroshima. Any suggestions on game stores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
Near the Kyoto JR station there's a shop called Bic Camera (it's near the post office). It has a small board games section which should have Simpei, shogi, go, hanafuda, Blokus, the Capcom editions of Settlers and Travel Settlers, and a lot of really cheap Ravensburger titles such as Make 'n' Break. They also have a great selection of Nintendo DS games, and crazy Japanese watches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I've seen that shop sign. I'll check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Downtown in Kyoto there is a shop called Yellow Submarine that carries a selection of imported games. You'll pay import prices, but I guess that wouldn't be much different than in New Zealand and you can pick up some Japanese card games as well. Just go to the downtown area and ask people where "Loft" is. Loft is a small department store that sells specialty good. Yellow Submarine is in a building across from Loft. It's on the 4th floor of the building, so it won't be easy to see from the ground floor, but it's there. Just take the elevator by the fast food shop "Lotteria". Another easy way to get there is just hop in a cab and tell them to take you to Loft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Yamasaki
Japan
Okazaki
Aichi
flag msg tools
You give me the name then I will search and give one.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one gamestore in Hiroshima but I haven't visit and not sure to worth to visit but for your information, name is Playspace Hiroshima.

http://www.ps-hiroshima.com/

And here is how to get there. It is about a mile away from Hiroshima station.

http://www.ps-hiroshima.com/specials/tenpo_map.htm

Weekday 14:00 - 20:30
Sat. 12:00 - 21:00
Sun. 12:00 - 19:30

They said they only display RPG , simulation games(prob. wargames) and dice, not many for boardgames. Though they have excellent linup on online shop like Heroscape from US and Piatnik from Germany. Hope you will enjoy in my country.
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Escobedo
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yellow Submarine sometimes also has older American titles (in English) for rather cheap.
I got Aftermath at the one in Kobe for 300 Yen.

Jesse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
thdizzy wrote:
Just take the elevator by the fast food shop "Lotteria".
Would you say that Lotteria makes the greasiest and least palatable burgers in all Japan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls