Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
kronmc wrote:
The changes suggested are intriguing. Anyone a photoshop wiz who can upload some files that we can print as labels to affix to the cards?

I'm not gonna claim I'm a "wiz", but I love to photoshop and I have the materials (own the game) and a scanner. If Francesco would like to post his choice of wording, I'll upload something nice ASAP.

If you are still interested in trying them out, here's what would be my wording:

Sue Storm
Invisible Force Fields (Combat)

Discard a Resource card to discard all dice showing a BOOST icon that your opponent just rolled in his/her Attack roll.

Reed Richards
Containment

Discard a Resource card to discard all dice with 2 HITS that your opponent just rolled in his/her Defense roll.

Good luck!

Francesco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually thought they were meant to be the other way round, hmm blush . Man, Doom's really not gonna get his Force Field into play vs Reed.

With Yellow it becomes REALLY unlikely, Red already was impossible (unless New Vicky get his 2nd Masterplan), Orange, better hope you don't roll any doubles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Francesco Nepitello wrote:
Just for the record, I played tonight a 3-player game using the Doom and FF4 changes, and guess what? I won with the FF4 anyway...

Where can I find this thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Man, Doom's really not gonna get his Force Field into play vs Reed.

With Yellow it becomes REALLY unlikely, Red already was impossible (unless New Vicky get his 2nd Masterplan), Orange, better hope you don't roll any doubles.

I agree, that's certainly not the way to go to make the game more balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Andreas Ludwig wrote:

I agree, that's certainly not the way to go to make the game more balanced.

Yeah, Francesco's original post had Reed's power affecting only Attack and Sue's affecting only Defense. I'm assuming he reversed them accidentally in this last post.

I'll pop those up later today, and maybe do the Doom cards too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
Yeah, Francesco's original post had Reed's power affecting only Attack and Sue's affecting only Defense. I'm assuming he reversed them accidentally in this last post.

I'll pop those up later today, and maybe do the Doom cards too.

That's what I thought originally as well, BUT, I'm thinking he meant Reed's power works when he is attacking (thus affecting oppo's Defense roll) and Sue's while F4 is the defender, negating hit/boost on oppo's Attack roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bump!

Been playing Marvel Heroes again of late, using the "New Doom", "New Reed" and "New Sue" mods. Last two games Reed has come up against the Molecule Man, who's then whupped Mr. Fantastic's behind, thanks to his 5 Outwit. Incidentally, MM even had the -1 Outwit Agent in play today (then again, F4 had a 3-use Blackbolt). Even unboosted (Doom Schemed extra Threat), Molecule Man was successfull. There is no way he would've beaten the old Reed, who could've nerfed his attack, defense and outwit rolls. So that's a plus.

On the negative side, the new Doom isn't getting his masterplans done any better than he used to. Though this is partly due to reluctance to go for them, like in the above mentioned case, Doom only chose to Scheme, thinking whatever Reed came up against, Reed would beat, except modified Trouble was 8 surprise ! But even with Doom going Yellow, 2-2-5, Reed usually gets him with his attack, maybe suffers a KO on Outwit, then again wins on his attack. Been thinking Doom should go Red after winning Outwit, but then Reed could go Orange and more than likely still beat Doom with his attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, finally an official fix for the game. Some times ago I followed all the threads about this game, searching for a fix for the F4; today I've returned here and I see an official response. Good thing!

I have to say that the Francesco's fixes to the game are very similar to mines; here they are the fix I used in the game since today:

- Invisible Woman pre-FAQ (tuning down I.Woman)
- Mr.Fantastic: Containment usable only for Attack rolls (killer combo prevention with I.Woman)
- Invisible Woman: Invisible Force Field usable only for Defense rolls (killer combo prevention with Mr.F)
- Dr.Doom: Doombots Masterplan card adds 2 Henchman to the existing text (little metagame power up for Dr.Doom)
- Dr.Doom: Super Genious' Defense value changed from 2 to 3 (better probabilities for Battle Armor Ability in the outwit)

In my experience these tweaks work, Dr.Doom is a solid opponent for quite every team.

However I'll try the now official ones.. I always prefer official rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RaistlinMajere wrote:
In my experience these tweaks work, Dr.Doom is a solid opponent for quite every team.

Actually, on those rare times when we've played the Acts of Vengeance (aka Mastermind swapper) scenario, even straight-out-of-box Doom is a tough customer against the other 3 teams. Doom's strength is in combat, with the most dice of the Masterminds (raw stats, not counting possible Henchmen bonuses). Sadly, s-o-o-b Mr & Mrs negate dice, many dice, all dice, taking away the only advantage Doom has. Against all other teams, Doom not only retains his die roll results but also gets to use his combat ability occasionally when choosing Yellow. Against s-o-o-b Deadly duo, even Orange would see him fail to get the necessary hits to activate it. With new Reed nerfing opponent's Def rolls, Doom's only shot for his combat ability is Orange (with a very slight shot with Yellow).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Against s-o-o-b Deadly duo, even Orange would see him fail to get the necessary hits to activate it. With new Reed nerfing opponent's Def rolls, Doom's only shot for his combat ability is Orange (with a very slight shot with Yellow).

Yes, it's because of that I upped Dr.Doom's Yellow power Defense value to 3; in this way he has a bit more probabilities to activate his Armor ability using the Yellow power (Super Genious), a crucial power in my opinion for Dr.Doom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RaistlinMajere

have you done any more plays with the different F4/Doom rules?

What is the verdict?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |