BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Gameshopping in Berlin? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Thorwald
msg tools
mbmb
Hi there!

Are there any game stores in Berlin that you recommend?
I will be there just for a couple of days.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doellinger
United States
Monmouth
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any toy store or department store you walk into in Berlin will probably have more games than you have seen in the best game store you have visited in the US. It is the motherload! That said, prices will vary just a little bit. The famous KaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens) has great selection, but as a high end department store, the prices might be a bit higher. If you have limited time, this would probably be an easy one to locate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Thorwald
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the information.
I know where KaDeWe is and will try to get there if I find some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I thank you all since I can forward this info to a friend who is currently touring northern Europe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Thorwald
msg tools
mbmb
aboveriver wrote:
[url][/url]And I thank you all since I can forward this info to a friend who is currently touring northern Europe!
No! Please just thank milesinthesky1! He's the sole soul who's helped me out here! And I shall thank him again!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doellinger
United States
Monmouth
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

This may be too late if your trip is already done. There is a good selection of games at a toy store called Spielzeugland, located at the basement of the Arkade shopping mall right next to the the Schoenhauser Allee U-bahn stop (take the U2).

I was in KaDeWe yesterday and their selection seemed thinner than I remembered. They did have a clearance section and the big deal there seemed to be Zooloretto for 10 euros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D i a n a
Indonesia
Jakarta Barat
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Need suggestion for any good Game Shop in Berlin city that has good selection of clearance/Sales items section area?

Thx,
diana

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doellinger
United States
Monmouth
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

The Galeria Kaufhof in Alexanderplatz and next to the Ostbahnhof have had all of their Queen games marked down in a special sale section the last two weeks. You will find games like Industria, Aton, Architecton, Inka and several others for 5 euro. Indus is 7.50. Alhambra has been bundled with several expansions at a reduced rate, as well as several other Queen games (Timbuktu, Alhambra Dice Game, Thebes, Metro, and several others.) The Karstadt department stores have also had sale sections (Skyline, Hare and Tortoise). If you find any other deals, please post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls