Rob McFadden
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Game night any night!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was recently asked to compare these versions by someone looking to purchase a copy of Werewolf. These were my thoughts. I wanted to post to see if anyone had some addition ideas.

Both games use (almost) the same basic rules set. Any rules tweeking could be done by the moderator regardless of which version of the game is being played.

UW has a few bells and whistles - card sleeves and shields, a small "Amulet of Protection" that can be surreptitiously included in one of the sleeves, etc. Because of the sleeves, I'd say this one is more open to homemade expansion (in other words, you could write or print your own cards an no one could tell the difference because of the shields). Another advantage is that the role is written on the card itself, and the game comes with player aids.

WoMH is more compact - being a box with only the rules and the cards. The cards have more iconic art, and I feel add to the flavor of the game. I've played with 7 year olds, and they have no problem remembering what pictures represent the different roles. I'd say if your travelling to a party and would like to bring Werewolf along, this is the version to get. Also nice is that there is already an expansion out for this, and I like it quite a bit.

If I could only have one version? I'd take WoMH - I'm quite fond of the roles that come in this set, and the artwork helps set a bit of mood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy
France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I would advise WoMH too, which I consider to be the most "universal" version : easily identifiable cards (illustrations), no language dependance and the best role combination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.