Popular Tags: [View All]
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
"When you walk..."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm visiting Maine and tomorrow, i'll be traveling down interstate 95 from Bangor to Portland. I would like to visit some gaming stores that sell board games along the way.

Which ones should i check out? thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a place in Bangor called Games Unlimited, but their board game selection is actually fairly limited. Worth poking your head in, I guess.

It's a little out of the way, but if you swing by Belfast, there's a great store called All About Games. Some mainstream stuff, and a fair selection of BGG stuff. The owners/staff are friendly and helpful.

There's a place called Greenhouse Games in Gardiner which has 'some' games but is primarily a RPG/CCG hangout. The staff is generally more interested in their game than in running a store.

There're a couple of comic book stores in Portland that may have some games, but I'm not familiar with them.

I'd say stop by for a game with me, but I'll be at work 'till late tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
"When you walk..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow Bas, nice work!

Justin, thanks for the info. I'd love it if I were able to play myself. I'll be going out with my son in Portland while the wife gets her nails done and attends the wedding rehearsal. Too bad my son is nearing his second birthday, and wouldn't sit still long enough for a game, lol. Sorry you have to work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deep Thought
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Chrono Trigger represents potential. Results require action.
badge
It is not a certainity, but I have come to believe it possible that some entity wished for us to witness these events. Perhaps it wanted us to see all of these various ages.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were taking 1 down the coast, I'd say to look at a place in Belfast. Found the link.. http://www.allaboutgamesmaine.com/ I always try to stop there when we're up that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
"When you walk..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I ended up visiting Crossroad Games in Standish. Wow, is it out there near seclusion! (cheaper rent, I'm sure.)

They had a great selection of boardgames priced mostly at MSRPs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There were many, many games that I liked, but I didn't buy anything.

There was a huge gaming room next door that was about half full of not boardgamers, but Warhammer and Magic players

Thanks, again, to all who made suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom L
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
READ A BOOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Warhammer/Magic thing is pretty true. We have a regular group that meets there to play board games, but we are few in number (and only once a week). The boardgame selection has REALLY expanded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls