GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,304 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2850 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [114] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Edwardsville, IL Boardgaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Edwardsville [+] MetroEast [+] St.Louis [+] Game_Group [+] AtomicSquash [+] Glen [+] Carbon [+] Glen_Carbon [+] [View All]
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you live in the area, love boardgames and are free on Monday nights, come join Atomic Squash at Otherside Games in Edwardsville.

231 N. Main St
Edwardsville, IL 62025
(618) 692-5525

We start gathering around 6:00 PM. There are plenty of players and plenty of games.

Reviewed: 7/27/2017

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Edwardsville, IL Boardgamming
Games Played: 8/18/2008

1) 1x Agricola
2) 2x Toledo

It was a short night since some of us just returned from GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Played: 8/25/08

1) Race for the Galaxy
2) Brass
3) Tomb
4) Kingsburg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll help you out this week, Mike...

Games Played: 9/8/08

1) Brass
2) Master Thieves
3) Stone Age
4) Power Grid
5) Toledo
6) Robber Knights
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciaran wrote:
I'll help you out this week, Mike...

Games Played: 9/8/08

1) Brass
2) Master Thieves
3) Stone Age
4) Power Grid
5) Toledo
6) Robber Knights

Thanks Adam, I would have forgotten about Master Thieves since we were so deep into Brass.

Seems Will really liked Brass and is requesting another go next week. Maybe we will actually play a whole game correctly. A great game with a confusing rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr ?
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I live in the area and am a boardgamer. My interests are typically more in the wargame vein (if they have plastic). Does your group get into these at all. How long are your typical Monday night game sessions? Any weekend gaming take place?

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Flynn
United States
Shiloh
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting us jump in there with you guys Monday. It was lots of fun. We will be back.

Played Master Thief and Power Grid (Finally)

-Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpiglet wrote:
Hey guys,

I live in the area and am a boardgamer. My interests are typically more in the wargame vein (if they have plastic). Does your group get into these at all. How long are your typical Monday night game sessions? Any weekend gaming take place?

Dan

Hi Dan,
We normally meet around 6pm and go until Midnight. We have not done a lot of wargames but have been known to play Memoir, Battlelore and War of the Ring. We also have had a few areial combat game (Crimson Skies, etc.). Feel free to bring what you want - as long as you are willing to teach it - you can usually find someone to play it.

I personnally own all the ASL starter kits and have a large collection of original ASL from days gone by. Haven't played in a long time so a refresser would be refressing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aeroflynn wrote:
Thanks for letting us jump in there with you guys Monday. It was lots of fun. We will be back.

-Sean

Glad you had fun Sean. We always have a good time when new blood shows - especially when they are as competitive as we tend to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aeroflynn wrote:

-Sean

Glad you guys found us! Hopefully we'll be seeing you again on Monday.

You did incredibly well at Power Grid for your first time...take a look at our games list here and let us know if you'd like us to bring anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Flynn
United States
Shiloh
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cool When it comes to games I really don't care. At this present moment I'm happy to just learn games. I would like another crack at Power Grid.

Some of the games me and Wes have been playing lately.
Settlers of Catan
Arkham Horror
Memoir 44
Ticket to Ride USA and Europe
Zombies
Risk
Starfarers of Catan
Puerto Rico
Dread Pirate
Hive
and a few others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr ?
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. I don't get to play as much as I would like of late, but may try to stop by at some point soon. I am actually interested in learning some of the Euro-types. I have played settlers on my XBox 360 for example and own Starfarers of Cataan which is fun. Sounds like you have a good group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpiglet wrote:
Thanks for the response. I don't get to play as much as I would like of late, but may try to stop by at some point soon. I am actually interested in learning some of the Euro-types. I have played settlers on my XBox 360 for example and own Starfarers of Cataan which is fun. Sounds like you have a good group.

We really do have a good group - everyone bathes on a regular basis.

Although we don't often play wargames, I certainly wouldn't mind trying one on occasion (say maybe once a month), and Mike will play anything, so you could probably get one in every other week between the 2 of us. It would also be a plus to have somebody in the group who owns some of them and is willing to learn and teach the rules.

I see that you own Tide of Iron and Twilight Imperium, both of which I've wanted to play for a while, so feel free to bring them with you. We may not get to TI right away since it takes a pretty long time, but hopefully we can get some of the other guys interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aeroflynn wrote:
That's cool When it comes to games I really don't care. At this present moment I'm happy to just learn games. I would like another crack at Power Grid.

Some of the games me and Wes have been playing lately.
Settlers of Catan
Arkham Horror
Memoir 44
Ticket to Ride USA and Europe
Zombies
Risk
Starfarers of Catan
Puerto Rico
Dread Pirate
Hive
and a few others.

I see you got your yellow microbadge already, that's pretty impressive. I don't even have 10 gg total and I've been on here a bit longer than you. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Played: 9/15/08

1) Brass
2) Kingsburg x 2
3) Ra

Someone help me out here - I know there was more than this but, I was so deep into losing at Brass that I forgot to keep track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Played: 9/15/08

1) Brass
2) Kingsburg x 2
3) Ra
4) Patrician
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciaran wrote:
Warpiglet wrote:

We really do have a good group - everyone bathes on a regular basis. :)

Although we don't often play wargames, I certainly wouldn't mind trying one on occasion (say maybe once a month), and Mike will play anything, so you could probably get one in every other week between the 2 of us. It would also be a plus to have somebody in the group who owns some of them and is willing to learn and teach the rules.

I see that you own Tide of Iron and Twilight Imperium, both of which I've wanted to play for a while, so feel free to bring them with you. We may not get to TI right away since it takes a pretty long time, but hopefully we can get some of the other guys interested.

ohhh, I'd be down for both of those and also if you guys want me or sean to bring anything off of our lists let us know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeRevetir wrote:
ohhh, I'd be down for both of those and also if you guys want me or sean to bring anything off of our lists let us know.

I've always wanted to try out Mr. Jack...I never picked it up because I thought the price was too high for a 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciaran wrote:
I've always wanted to try out Mr. Jack...I never picked it up because I thought the price was too high for a 2 player game.

I'll bring it this Monday for you. I'd love to go a couple more times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Played: 9/22/08

1) El Grande
2) Caylus
3) Iliade
4) Mr. Jack
5) Hey, Thats My Fish
6) Race for the Galaxy
7) Ticket to Ride: Europe
8) Tier auf Tier

I think that is it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdpotter wrote:

1) El Grande
2) Caylus
3) Iliade
4) Mr. Jack

Wes, I say you keeping a list. Which ones did I miss?

Mickey and Will played Hey, That's My Fish while they were waiting for other players to show up, and Brian and Derrick were playing Race for the Galaxy when I left.

Who won that game of Caylus anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciaran wrote:
mdpotter wrote:

1) El Grande
2) Caylus
3) Iliade
4) Mr. Jack

Wes, I say you keeping a list. Which ones did I miss?

Mickey and Will played Hey, That's My Fish while they were waiting for other players to show up, and Brian and Derrick were playing Race for the Galaxy when I left.

Who won that game of Caylus anyway?

I will give you one guess! My dynasty has been slaughtered. Somehow, I knew it wouldn't last a rematch.

For those who can't hazard a guess, the winner is our resident Caylus pro, Will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I knew it was too good to last, oh well.

Hey, weren't they playing Ticket to Ride: Europe last night also? I get so into El Grande that I can't tell what's going on around me, but I remember someone talking about the tunnels.

I also think Wes might have played Tier auf Tier after I left because it's in his recently played games list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciaran wrote:
Hey, weren't they playing Ticket to Ride: Europe last night also? I get so into El Grande that I can't tell what's going on around me, but I remember someone talking about the tunnels.

I also think Wes might have played Tier auf Tier after I left because it's in his recently played games list.

Thanks - you are correct about Europe. I will start writing them down so this is easier to update. I have a note in the Archon forum at AS about Die Macher. Hopefully we will get a few bites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
those 8 were all that we played, good night too. Iliade was great I'd like to go at that again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [114] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.