Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2894 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [116] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Edwardsville, IL Boardgaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: St.Louis [+] Edwardsville [+] MetroEast [+] Game_Group [+] AtomicSquash [+] Glen [+] Carbon [+] Glen_Carbon [+] [View All]
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Edwardsville, IL Boardgamming
aeroflynn wrote:
Wes told me he will not be able to make it again. So you'll have to wait or read up on it.

What a shame. Now we will get in some practice and he will lose a little of his advantage. I suspect finals & the holidays will lower our Monday night count for a few weeks. I will miss the 22nd myself.

GAMEblankON

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dunning
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not likely to make it this week because I promised the wife I'd take a week off sometime soon. Maybe whe won't hold me to it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Played: 12/15/2008

Dominion x4
Agricola
Terra Nova
Caylus
The Princes of Florence
Bankruptcy: The Card Game

Thanks for the updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Flynn
United States
Shiloh
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caylus
Prince of Florence

I think that's about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be visiting my wife's family in Alton, IL for a week or so.

I'll be in town on the 22nd of December...will there be a gaming group meeting? Is it still at 6? Visitors (like me) OK?

I'd love try some new games--like Agricola or ones that I have but haven't found any one to play (Tigris and Euphrates) or, especially, Arkham Horror--only tried once with my son---like to play with a group that knows what they're doing.

Want to make sure people will be there during Christmas week and if there's room for another.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dunning
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on by. We'll be there. And visitors are always welcome. We do still meet at 6. We already have a request for Traders of Genoa, so I will have that with me. Arkham may not be the best choice, at least not without Mike's copy, since he has all of the expansions. And Mike will be out of town. Another guy asked that we play Caylus or Agricola, too. So Sean and Adam, can you bring those again?

Oh yeah. And Mike, you forgot our riveting game of Bankruptcy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Assuming the weather is fine and I "OK" it with the wife, I'll be there!

Looking over your list of games that you've played recently---Agricola and Dominion look to be ones that I'd like to try.

Thanks!

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dunning
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll post your request on our website - atomicsquash.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Looking forward to it...I appreciate your hospitality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dunning
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't thank me yet. We still need those guys that own the games you asked for to bring them. But they are generally pretty dependable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will bring Agricola but unfortunately I won't be there until about 8:00. Hope you can make it Paul, look forward to meeting you!

p.s. Feel free to bring Galaxy Trucker, nobody in our group has played it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wcdunning wrote:
And Mike, you forgot our riveting game of Bankruptcy.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to go give this a "1" rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can talk my wife into bringing a game we're not giving for Christmas, I will! I'll make every effort to bring it. My son loves it.

Too bad it is before Christmas and then I'm leaving -- I'm getting Battlestar Galactica for Christmas, I know (I bought it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played BSG at Archon a couple months ago and enjoyed it quite a bit, despite having never seen an episode of the television series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Flynn
United States
Shiloh
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will bring my copy of Caylus no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to change your plans for what games you were going to play, either! I'm just looking forward to playing some games with new people...even if it is Caylus! (For some reason, that game has never resonated with me after reading reviews and session reports).

Anything you play is fine with me--please don't let me dictate your plans!

Not good weather for the weekend from up here (I'm way up near South Dakota--about 15 minutes away)--so its a 10 hour drive or so down there. If only I was in the other corner of Iowa near Keokuk!

PS--I am a Mets fan (but my in-laws and wife are all cards fans--heck, my daughter is a Cards fan!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can bring Arkham this week (22nd) if people want I can host the game with no problem. Hope you guys like candy, I'm bringing it for my birthday/your christmas!

TIGRES! I'd love to play seeing as how I love that game. how about the 29th for that one?

Also, sidenote. We have BSG at Borders. I have to check on games but I'm sure my 33% discount applies. If anyone would like it, I'd be happy to buy it with my discount as long as you give me the cash for it. $29 after tax.

Just sayin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn, new people, new games and I will be out of town. I hate missing our Monday game night.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dunning
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wes, I do have Arkham myself, but not all of the expansions. After finally losing the game when we played with all of Mike's expansions, I realize the game is far too easy. Besides, Jason and Brian are Arkham haters. Bt just in case, I will bring my copy. I know Chris wants to play it, too. But we absolutely have to limit the number of players to 5. Any more is too cumbersome and slow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeRevetir wrote:
I can bring Arkham this week (22nd) if people want I can host the game with no problem. Hope you guys like candy, I'm bringing it for my birthday/your christmas!

TIGRES! I'd love to play seeing as how I love that game. how about the 29th for that one?

Also, sidenote. We have BSG at Borders. I have to check on games but I'm sure my 33% discount applies. If anyone would like it, I'd be happy to buy it with my discount as long as you give me the cash for it. $29 after tax.

Just sayin...

I own Tigris (got in a math trade) --- but never played it---didn't interest my son. Don't think I'll be here on the 29th, though--leaving on the 28th.

No big deal on Arkham--I own it--so I'd rather have fun with what people really want to play (and what I don't own--or haven't played--like Tigris).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
we usually all bring a couple games at least and some more than others (read: mike) I'll bring Acquire (assuming it gets to me in time) and Arkham, just in case. If you want to bring it, I can bet it would hit the table seeing as I know the rules and would push for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm half way to Alton--I'm in Kansas City--took awhile--but got out before the blizzard which is now hitting my region for the next two days. Should be smooth sailing now.

I brought Galaxy Trucker--so I'll be bringing it Monday night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merkles Boner wrote:
I brought Galaxy Trucker--so I'll be bringing it Monday night.

Great! I hope you like teaching rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to put up a link for Heroic Adventures so Paul could get directions.

Don't let the website fool you; despite the alleged closing time of 8 pm, we always go until midnight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there around six (if that's the time you start)...midnight, eh! I've still got grading to finish... we'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [116] |