9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: Game store in Baltimore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian rosenberg
msg tools
All

Just wanted to introduce our game store - Canton Games. We are located in Baltimore city, and have over 250 different board games in stock at any time, the largest selection in the area.

In addition, we give 10% off retail price - all the time - on all board games. Plus, we have a frequent buyer program that allows our customers to earn additional discounts.

For pre-orders or special orders, we give 20% off retail and they also earn credit towards the buyer program.

Great prices and amazing selection. Please drop by and support your local store.

Canton Games
www.cantongames.com
info@cantongames.com
2101 Essex St
Baltimore, MD 21231
(410) 276-2640

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can attest to this, and will go so far as to endorse my FLGS. Very comprehensive on-hand selection, from straightforward family-type games, through Euros, Ameritrash titles, and a decent stock of wargames. I have purchased Alhambra expansions, Runebound expansions, and Descent expansions from them, not to mention ASL Starter Kit #3. Next time I get out there, I'll probably snag a Kingsport Horror. Well worth the occasional run out to Canton.

Very fast special-order fulfillment, too: I ordered the PoG Players' Guide from them on a Sunday, received it in the mail by Friday. They're very professional, and know their market well. Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnpatrick Marr
United States
Buffalo
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it needs to be stressed just how fast the special orders are at Canton Games. I ordered some Warmachine figures one afternoon and they were there THE NEXT DAY. I'm glad these guys moved into the downtown area, Baltimore has been sorely in need of a game store. It's not a gaming dungeon, so you can send your parents there. Get down there and check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Loeb
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a discussion that I was reading the other day about supporting local FLGS or using web stores and I was going to mention Canton Games as a part of that discussion. However, since Brian is introducing himself and Canton Games today, I will put my two cents in now. I discovered this store late last year and now it is pretty much my go-to place for all of my board gaming purchases. I always find what I want on my visits and like the others have said, they can get special orders pretty quickly. Brian's wife, Candy, got me hooked on Ticket to Ride and now my family plays it at least once a week. I would definately recommend this store to anyone living in or visiting the Baltimore area.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cantongames wrote:
For pre-orders or special orders, we give 20% off retail and they also earn credit towards the buyer program.

Great prices and amazing selection. Please drop by and support your local store.

I wish more game stores would do this, it cuts into profit, but it's a no-risk endeavor.

I believe it would draw a lot more people back to the B&Ms over online retailers, provided they could guarentee that they'd get the games (something my own FLGS has issue with).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chas Argent
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Canton Games rocks! Nice selection, good prices, and nice staff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gili kleinberger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a really good experience with Canton games (Dan). My boss traveled to Baltimore so I asked her to bring me some games. I was searching for a long time some expansions for WOW the adventure game and to my surprise this shop had several of them. I didn't have enough time to send the games to her so Dan offered to drop them off on his way back....I just couldn't believe it. Thank you Dan again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Casey
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan's shop is my favorite Baltimore hangout. He's introduced me to a plethora of games and he's a fountain of knowledge when it comes to gaming. Saturday is open gaming day so it's a great opportunity to try out a new game or learn how to play an old one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baltimore Brews and Board Games
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Dan is also very knowledgeable and great with recommendations! I have often asked him what I want to buy, given him a few parameters, and walked out with a great game. Great shop, great people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls