United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Like many of you, I'm sure, any time I stop into a store that has any kind of games I usually check out the selection. This is usually my chance to see if there is something new that I haven't heard about. So the other day we stopped into Toys 'R' Us, and I checked out the game aisle. And that's where I spotted Sorry Sliders. I'm usually a sucker to try any new twist on a classic game, so I snatched up a copy.

What do you get with Sorry! Sliders? In the box you get 2 target boards that are double-sided, 4 ramps with plastic side rails that you attach (1 per player), 4 score boards (1 per player), 16 tiny scoring pawns (4 per player), 16 slider pawns (4 per player), and 3 plastic side bumpers in case you don’t use all 4 ramps.

How does Sorry! Sliders work? The gameplay is really simple. Players take turns shooting one of their sliders down their ramp. Once everyone has shot all 4 sliders you move one of your scoring pawns up your score board the number of spaces written on the ring that you landed each of your sliders on. If, during a round, one of your sliders touches or goes off of one of the corners you must move your highest scoring pawn back down to start, not including ones that are safely Home (SORRY!) The first person who gets all 4 scoring pawns to their Home space, by exact count, wins. A quick summary of the different target board games:
Race for Home Blue Board = The most basic game. Simply a bullseye with a 5 point circle in the middle, and 4-3-2-1 point circles outside of it.
Instant Home Yellow Board = There is a hole in the center. If one of your sliders slides in or gets bumped in to the center hole, you immediately move one of your scoring pawns to Home.
Instant Sorry! Green Board = The same as Instant Home, but the center circle sends one of your scoring pawns to Start. Also the middle ring is worth either 4, 5, or 6 points (your choice.)
Danger Dots Red Board = The same as Race for Home, but there are 4 small Danger Dots on the board. If your pawn slides on or is bumped onto a Danger Dot you immediately remove it from the board (no SORRY penalty though.)

What does Blott think of Sorry! Sliders? I am tempted to say that this is the best game I have ever played with the name "Sorry" on the box, but to many of you that wouldn't be saying much. Let's just say that it is an extremely enjoyable little dexterity game. The gameplay is very intuitive (you can teach someone to play in 5 seconds.) I also like that there is some strategy to the game, most notably in the way you can bump other player's pawns away from their desired spot. And that rule about landing on Home by exact count also allows you to watch your opponents and try to keep them from scoring what they need. It's just an all-around fun game that takes less than 10 minutes to play.

Who will enjoy Sorry! Sliders? This would make an excellent family game because kids can easily compete with adults, and it also makes a good filler game because it's so fast. Everyone seems to gather around when they see this game and they want to join in (it's like a toy, and who doesn't enjoy playing with cool new toys.) If you like other dexterity games this one will certainly appeal to you, but don't expect some kind of deep strategy.

Any parting comments about Sorry! Sliders? One of the best parts about this game is the variety that it offers. With 4 different target boards you have 4 different games included in the box. Also they made it so that the ramps can be connected to each other so you can play with longer ramps, which changes the feel of the game significantly. I have yet to play this game without someone asking to play one more time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You sold me but not my wife, she said we can't run to Toys r us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for the tip!

My in-laws typically ask for ideas for games to get the kids for Christmas. Now I know what to suggest! Sounds like something my 7-year-old son would enjoy . . . although my husband and I have been known to enjoy playing the kids' games, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for some actual details on this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up yesterday after work and brought it to game night. We played 8 games. This is a BLAST!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now on sale for $16.99 at Target............good deal! It's like playing shuffleboard on your kitchen table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Man!

I paid $24 for mine. Kids still like it, so it's was worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
fullerbd wrote:
You sold me but not my wife, she said we can't run to Toys r us

Apparently you finally had success with the wife, because I see it in your collection now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, I bought this game the other day on the strength of your review, and we loved it. Thanks again for the balanced, concise writeup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
Ben, I bought this game the other day on the strength of your review, and we loved it. Thanks again for the balanced, concise writeup.

Glad you enjoyed the game, and glad I could "spread the word" about this easy-to-overlook gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skeletodoc wrote:
Now on sale for $16.99 at Target............good deal! It's like playing shuffleboard on your kitchen table!

On sale for $10.47 at Amazon. Picked it up based on this review and Scott Nicholson's video. Incredible value! Thanks for the review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connie Gunderson
United States
Deer Creek Mesa (Littleton)
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why is this game now like $43 on amazon??? I was thinking about getting it for my nephew (who's not 7, not 9, but 28 yrs old and a beer gamer) but I was lookin for that $11 price tag one of the above posters mentioned...what is going on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
cgund wrote:
Why is this game now like $43 on amazon??? I was thinking about getting it for my nephew (who's not 7, not 9, but 28 yrs old and a beer gamer) but I was lookin for that $11 price tag one of the above posters mentioned...what is going on?

Well when Thommy posted this:
Thommy8 wrote:
On sale for $10.47 at Amazon. Picked it up based on this review and Scott Nicholson's video. Incredible value! Thanks for the review.

He did say it was a sale (back in October). It isn't on sale now. I see one you can purchase from Amazon for $29.99 or a bunch from secondary retailers trying to make a quick buck on a nifty game.

Personally I picked a copy up at my local superstore (ie Meijers) on sale last week for $10. Looks to be a popular game as Walmart.com is sold out as well, but ToysRUs.com has it for $25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connie Gunderson
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, sure, I gathered that the $10+ price at amazon had been a sale price, but still, for it to have such a wide range of prices is unusual. Even those prices you mentioned you saw when you checked were a lot different than I had seen just hours earlier on amazon. Very annoying!

But, I see that it's in the Target flyer this week for $15 and it's supposedly in stock nearby so I'll head there today after my dr appt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PonyGirlMom M
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
cgund wrote:

I went "yikes!" when I saw the price on Amazon today, too (although it shows $39.95 here, not $43.) Then I started to search the web for the game, and found it sold out everywhere else! Toys R Us, WalMart, various game online retailers.... they list it for less, but they are sold out. So Amazon is our only place to get it online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
ponygirlmom wrote:
cgund wrote:

I went "yikes!" when I saw the price on Amazon today, too (although it shows $39.95 here, not $43.) Then I started to search the web for the game, and found it sold out everywhere else! Toys R Us, WalMart, various game online retailers.... they list it for less, but they are sold out. So Amazon is our only place to get it online.

If you must go on-line, you can try:
http://www.superherogameland.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductC...

It's a bit cheaper.

But, you might want to just check locally. When it's sold out on-line, it's still may be available locally. I know I saw it recently at my Wal Mart. A quick search does show that there are a few copies at Targets in the Greater Phoenix area, you might check there.

Edit a typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, definitely check a local Target, it's been on sale for $15 or less at Target for a couple months now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connie Gunderson
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got it! Had to go to 3 Targets today to find it, even AFTER having checked stock online last night. So strange the first two Targets were sold out and the third one had like 200 copies. Anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.