Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Davis
United States
Tri-Cities
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Charles DarwinMicrobadge: HumanistMicrobadge: I love Washington - The Evergreen State!Microbadge: Far Side fan
I just bought a copy of the game ( German Edition ) and printed off the English translation of the rules. I thought I had everything covered till I opened the box and found a loose board and note on top. I cannot read German and can only figure that it is supposed to replace another board in the game. However, there is a lot more text on the note that I can't make heads or tails of. Please help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Yu
United States
Rego Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love SpainMicrobadge: I love FranceMicrobadge: I love ItalyMicrobadge: I love GreeceMicrobadge: I love Germany
Hey Scott, if I'm not mistaken, the extra board is a misprint and the note explains that. Enjoy!!!

Btw, excellent game that'll sometimes drive you nuts. Oh, don't forget to download the new Craxy Expansion. Follow the thread below.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/297740

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
Microbadge:  The few, the proud, the exhausted... BGG.CON Team Geek!Microbadge: Gamer FamilyMicrobadge: BGG fanMicrobadge: BGG@SEA participantMicrobadge: BGG.CON attendee
a misprint and corrected board? Crap...I don't think my copy came with that. Could you please post a pic of the corrected board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Yu
United States
Rego Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love SpainMicrobadge: I love FranceMicrobadge: I love ItalyMicrobadge: I love GreeceMicrobadge: I love Germany
Sorry, I don't have the game. I only know this b/c my friend owns a copy. Maybe Scott can do it for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri-Cities
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Charles DarwinMicrobadge: HumanistMicrobadge: I love Washington - The Evergreen State!Microbadge: Far Side fan
Here's a picture of the replacement board. Well, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to replace the original board #B35/2. It looked that way to me after looking at the piece of paper that came with it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/356859

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Yu
United States
Rego Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah, that's what I meant.

I guess it makes more sense that it replaces one that's already in the shrinkwrap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri-Cities
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry guys, but my image was pulled. I have to admit, it wasn't the best quality. I will try and get a better picture up soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Edit: Message was redundant due to delay between opening the thread and posting.

I'd still love to see a scan of the note and the new board.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rikberg
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Linux userMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Galaxy Trucker fan
I have submitted a picture of the replacement board and the included note. While it is awaiting approval, here is a rough translation of the note:

Quote:
Dear customer,

Unfortunately one of the boards has an error on it.

Please take the board B35 out of the game and throw it away! Replace it with the attached board B35/2. The board B35/2 is correct, whereas the board B35 is unsolvable. The numbers are always at the bottom right of the boards.

[Picture of incorrect and correct board. Purple piece number 1 is replace by purple piece number 3]

We would also like to inform you of two swapped numbers, even though the boards remain solvable:

-Board A3: The pictured purple piece labeled '6' is actually piece 11 and the pictured purple piece labeled '11' is correspondingly piece number 6.

-Board A31: The pictured red piece labeled '7' is actually piece 8 and the pictured red piece labeled '8' is correspondingly piece number 7.

We apologize for these errors.
Edit: And the image was declined for a variety of semi-valid and/or preposterous reasons. Will try to get a better quality image tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Thanks.

Mellon wrote:
Edit: And the image was declined for a variety of semi-valid and/or preposterous reasons. Will try to get a better quality image tomorrow.
Heh. Love that geekmodding.

Did you say why you were submitting that picture in the caption?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rikberg
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Linux userMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Galaxy Trucker fan
fnord23 wrote:
Thanks.
Mellon wrote:
Heh. Love that geekmodding.
Did you say why you were submitting that picture in the caption?
Oh yes, I thought the caption was sufficient.

Today I submitted a picture taken in even better lighting and included an overly long caption (the end of it was truncated). This time it was accepted:
Board Game: Ubongo Extreme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls