Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Hemsley
Italy
Desio
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm traveling to Cape Cod today for vacation and thought I'd ask if there were any good Game Stores in the vicinity. It'd be nice to take a bike ride to one. I'll be in Chatham if that helps.

--James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just out there with my family from the 12th through the 19th, and I honestly didn't find much. I did wander into some toy stores that had some of the more "mainstream" titles (Blokus, TtR, etc.), but that was about it.

Happy hunting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to live there. I can't help with games since it was a while ago but food wise you need to go to the Squire excellent steamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hemsley
Italy
Desio
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subhuman wrote:
I used to live there. I can't help with games since it was a while ago but food wise you need to go to the Squire excellent steamers.

Thanks for the recommendation. Is that in Chatham?

--James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hemsley
Italy
Desio
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chindent wrote:
I was just out there with my family from the 12th through the 19th, and I honestly didn't find much. I did wander into some toy stores that had some of the more "mainstream" titles (Blokus, TtR, etc.), but that was about it.

Happy hunting!

That's what I was afraid of. I'll keep checking.

BTW, I'll also be spending a night in Springfield, MA, en route. Any good game stores there?

--James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, right on main street and its very well known.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hemsley
Italy
Desio
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subhuman wrote:
Yes, right on main street and its very well known.

Are you talking about Springfield or Chatham?

--James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chatham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hemsley
Italy
Desio
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subhuman wrote:
chatham

Cool. Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

--James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iceberg1 wrote:
Subhuman wrote:
chatham

Cool. Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

--James
Wouldn't you know it--I went to the beach with my son while my wife when browsing in town. It's the only main street area I DIDN'T walk that week. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Johnston
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iceberg1 wrote:

That's what I was afraid of. I'll keep checking.

BTW, I'll also be spending a night in Springfield, MA, en route. Any good game stores there?

--James

I can't speak to Springfield or the Cape, but if you have a chance to knock around the Boston area at all, there are a number of good stores. Just outside Harvard Square in Cambridge is The Games People Play. Not too far from there in Central Square is Pandemonium Books, which is a science fiction/fantasy bookstore that also carries a nice selection of games and hosts open gaming Wednesday nights. Davis Square in Somerville is home to Your Move Games (creators of Succession and Battleground). Downtown Boston has The Compleat Strategist out near the Berkley School of Music.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trip itaka
msg tools
i know this is a really old post but there is a good game store in Provincetown called Puzzle Me This. address: 290 Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657

good selection
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alea jacta est
United States
Thonotosassa
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Shamelessly looking for a citizenship star!
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, know this is an old post but...

"Puzzle Me This" in Provincetown (P-Town) has an incredible selection of games, but there is nowhere to play games there.

Wareham can be a bit dodgey at times, but there is "Cape Cod Collectibles" on Main Street. Typical game store. A good amount of games and a lot of playing space. Seems mostly Pokyman (sp?), Warhammer, and Magic. But it is a "place" lol.

Right down the street (literally a 5 min walk) is "Wicked Hobbies" which has a small collection of popular games and also has a good amount of play area. Again, probably the same gamers.

If you go North from the onto the land side up to Kingston there is the Independence Mall. There is a very large game store there called, "Medieval Starship." That store has a HUGE assortment of games. There is a massive play area there (probably could accommodate 200 people). The games there again seem to be warhammer and Magic, but I see a lot of different games there too. Many organized play events (mostly Magic). The people that work there are very nice and the place doesn't reek of BO and virginity (sorry, most game stores do).

The mall itself has been a white dwarf in that it has been dying for thre past three years. But it's still there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls