Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Puzzles in Lewes, DE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Just stopped by "Puzzles" which is a shop in Lewes, Delaware, along the shore. It's a short drive north of Rehoboth Beach. Not a game shop, but exceptionally well stocked both with jigsaw puzzles, brain-teaser puzzles and kids games like Treasure Quest and Rush Hour that are not generally considered acceptable for the database here.

Given the broad array of choices and complete dearth of board game options in the region I felt it was worth mentioning. I blew close to $200 on my family on a fine array of puzzles, trivia cards and brain-teasers. It's a very nice haul of items you won't generally see at your local store. Worth a visit if you have a bit of time.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Just stopped by "Puzzles" which is a shop in Lewes, Delaware, along the shore. It's a short drive north of Rehoboth Beach. Not a game shop, but exceptionally well stocked both with jigsaw puzzles, brain-teaser puzzles and kids games like Treasure Quest and Rush Hour that are not generally considered acceptable for the database here.

Given the broad array of choices and complete dearth of board game options in the region I felt it was worth mentioning. I blew close to $200 on my family on a fine array of puzzles, trivia cards and brain-teasers. It's a very nice haul of items you won't generally see at your local store. Worth a visit if you have a bit of time.

Sag.

Thanks, Sag. My parents live there and I'll be visiting in a few weeks. Is it in one of the outlet malls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

The shopping district in "downtown" Lewes. It's advertised on those promotional maps that you get at pizza places in the area.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. They used to have tons of Ravensburger puzzles. First time I had seen anything besides their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Detwiler
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I can take the ferry to go puzzle shopping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

The ferry is a nice trip as well.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls