United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm heading up into the Rockies this weekend, and would like to see how shops in the area compare to my local shops. Maybe even buy a thing or two.

Are there any stores in or around the Aurora area that are worth going to? Which are the ones to avoid? I welcome any advice or tips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Chambers
United States
Walsenburg (soon Trinidad)
Colorado
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Standard game of me versus my son.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/85560
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/52167

Attactix is the closest to you (in Aurora) good little store
Wizard's Chest isn't too far (Cherry Creek) fun place to look around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Attactix in Aurora is a great shop. Consims, RPGs , Euros, Minis, and Collectibles. They have it all.

Though a bit of a drive away from Aurora (maybe 20 min) is Bonnie Brae Hobby. Very ecclectic place with tons of RPG stuff from yesteryear. Also everything listed above.

North Central Denver has Valhallas (maybe 25 to 30 min away). They have an excellent selection of Minis - really the premier miniatures shop in the state, as well as a few consims, collectibles, euros and RPGs.

Wizard's Chest (last time I checked) was mostly RPGs and a few minis. However, it has been a while, so anyone who has been there more recently can update this observation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizard's Chest does have a large selection of board and card games. If you mention that you are a member of "Denver Gamers" you will get a 15% discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, TimeWellSpent operates out of Broomfield (about midway between Denver and Boulder). Dave Jones sells well below retail and he is willing to let you pick games up from the warehouse so there are no postage fees. Just call him and get directions (it's not far off rte. 36). 303-439-7239
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smidt
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly recommend Attactix. The folks there are very helpful, and they have a great selection of all kinds of games. That's about the only retail store in the Denver/Metro area that gets my business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Black and Read in Arvada (on Wadsworth) has a selection of new and used games. You can never tell what you'll find there amongst the piles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Hoekstra
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your interested, I'd also check out Enchanted Grounds.
It's a great little FLGS that's a coffee shop as well. Very clean, very helpful staff, and a good selection of games.
http://www.enchantedgrounds.com/gpage.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
JL - you've got to stop at Attactix, right up your alley.

15107 E Hampden Ave
Aurora, CO 80014
(303) 699-3349

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shin Yoo
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to revive this old thread instead of starting another one. I'm currently staying in downtown Denver (Westin Tabor) for a conference. I'll be free Saturday so I'm thinking about paying a visit to Attactix. The problem is, being the primitive human I am, I don't (or rather can't, or shouldn't) drive. Well, even if I can, renting a car just to get to a game shop looks like an overkill even in my book

So my question is... is it really practical to get there using public transportation? I looked it up and it looks like the trip will take a one train ride (light railway) and one bus ride from the 16th street mall. Should I do it? I'm on the fence now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the weather this Saturday. We are supposed to get a very heavy snowstorm, with snow starting Friday night. You may want wait and see how bad it gets.

If the weather allows, and you want to see a good selection of games and miniatures, the train and bus ride are worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls