Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hasenstab
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have a list of game stores I can/should check out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: In Irvine next week
No game stores I know of, but eat at Houston's if you get the chance. Really good food.

It's off Jamboree Rd just south of the 405 in the shopping center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Comic Quest- Warhammer, okay selection of new games, and a couple older ones, some rpgs
Brookhurst Hobbies- big selection of games, both old and new, both euro and wargame, Warhammer, Confrontation, and AT-43 minis, tons of rpgs
The War House- decent selection of wargames, old and new, okay selection euros, some used games, tons of RPGs

Google for addresses and distances. Dunno how far you want to travel. I think Brookhurst is worth the drive, but YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hasenstab
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to get there.

BTW, I'm willing to drive a bit so even if it's north or south I'll check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hasenstab
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djflippy wrote:
Comic Quest- Warhammer, okay selection of new games, and a couple older ones, some rpgs
Brookhurst Hobbies- big selection of games, both old and new, both euro and wargame, Warhammer, Confrontation, and AT-43 minis, tons of rpgs
The War House- decent selection of wargames, old and new, okay selection euros, some used games, tons of RPGs

Google for addresses and distances. Dunno how far you want to travel. I think Brookhurst is worth the drive, but YMMV.

Awesome, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, now I'm confused... Irvine is a horrible little dive on the west coast of Scotland, near Ayr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hasenstab
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
OK, now I'm confused... Irvine is a horrible little dive on the west coast of Scotland, near Ayr...

I said I'm willing to drive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hasenstab
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:

For those that were confused, I edited the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jwhyne wrote:
Wulf Corbett wrote:
I said I'm willing to drive!
It's not worth it - I only live an hour away and I can't think of a reason to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Mendel
United States
Newport beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Karl's right, I was going to reccomend Comic Quest and brookhurst but he beat me to it. I was just at CQ 20 minutes ago, I've noticed that lately they are getting better with board games. Also, 2 minutes away from there down El Toro in the Laguna hills Mall is Game master, they are often having one of their "buy get one at half price" sales. Great Euro selection there.

Never been to the war house.

Gantrell
"KMG365"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hasenstab
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gantrell wrote:
Quote:

Karl's right, I was going to reccomend Comic Quest and brookhurst but he beat me to it. I was just at CQ 20 minutes ago, I've noticed that lately they are getting better with board games. Also, 2 minutes away from there down El Toro in the Laguna hills Mall is Game master, they are often having one of their "buy get one at half price" sales. Great Euro selection there.

Never been to the war house.

Gantrell
"KMG365"

I'll check out Game Master too since I'll actually be in Lake Forest which is pretty close to there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to game, check out www.ocbg.net - Orange County Board Gamers is based in Irvine and although you will miss their big monthly event (since it is on 8/9 - tomorrow), their site lists many other weekly events in the area. A very nice group of people.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls