Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Shaw
United States
Swoyersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey does any body know of any good game stores in the Newport, Rhode Island area. I am travelling up there this weekend and wanted to do some quick game shopping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Leo
United States
New England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basl's GL FLGS of the USA shows one store in Pawtucket.

Basl's GL --- http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also Games Less Ordinary in Kingstown, RI, which you might drive near depending on how you are getting to Newport. They have a vast selection and the owners are very friendly.

http://www.gameslessordinary.com/

Enjoy Newport!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
aleo09 wrote:
Basl's GL FLGS of the USA shows one store in Pawtucket.

Basl's GL --- http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366

This is The Gamekeeper, run be Larry Whalen, who is also the co-founder of Face-to-Face games. The store hosts open gaming sessions on Thurs, Fri, Sat (and Sun?).

However, Pawtucket is a 60min drive north of Newport. Sandy's suggestion of Games Less Ordinary, located a stone's throw from the URI campus in Kingston, is a better alternative if time is an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier, Sr.
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yhe Game Keeper in Pawtucket is a bit further from Newport, but in my humble opinion, is woth the trip.
Games Less Ordinary is closer to you in Kingston. They also have a great selection and the owners are very nice people.
Disposable Heroes is the only other store that I know of in the area, but they specialize in both comics and games. Their selection is not quite as expansive as the other two stores.
All three usually charge at or near the MSRP, but sometimes run specials. The game keeper and Games less ordinary both carry a small section of used games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bergeron
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than the ones mentioned, here are a couple of others. They are both further but if you need a fix and find yourself in those neighborhoods, it may work for you. FWIW, Rivendell is a bit closer than Avid and more easily accessible from Providence...ok, I know that sounds a bit crazy to Tolkien fans.

Rivendell Books and Games in Rehoboth, MA
The Avid Gamer in Milford, MA

Both are run by nice people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Shaw
United States
Swoyersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the quick responses, I actually did not have the chance to get to any of the stores, maybe next time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls