Subject: Solitaire Rules or Variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Spader
United States
Unspecified
Washington
flag msg tools
It seems unlikely based upon the nature of the game, but does anyone know of solitaire rules or a solitaire variant for Blue Moon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim K.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Solitaire Rules or Variant?
One option, at least to get to know the decks and their characteristics better, is to play each side face-up. There is still some challenge in trying to make the best play from each side, even knowing what cards are in the other side's hand. But, it is difficult to decide whether to retreat when it is not necessary. Or, you can try to forget what the other side has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Solitaire Rules or Variant?
One option, at least to get to know the decks and their characteristics better, is to play each side face-up.

Something like this can be useful to try out a new deck design, especially one you think is cutting it fine in some way. You can even do it against a ficticious opponent. For example assume he starts 4 fire, now I do this, now suppose he knocks that card out and makes it 6 fire and so on. Against an already designed deck is better as you say. You can then see which of your designs at least superficially behaves best.

But I think I'm pretty confident there won't be official solitaire rules, they would involve significant work for effectively zero reward. Multiplayer rules would be significant work for probably little reward (reward being additional sales) so they seem unlikely too.

(Since the FAQ already has a question about multiplayer
rules, I can drop "and solitaire" in there with no other change I think.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls