Subject: San Antonio, Texas gamestores? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Hubbard
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be going to San Antonio this weekend (I LIKE IKE! shake ).

I have tried to use the search function for gamestores and/or FLGS in TX and/or San Antonio, to no avail .

I turn to you fellow BGGrs for this information: Are there any FLGS or discount game dealers in San Antonio, preferably near junt. of I-10 and the 410, down to near the riverwalk area? I will have a rental car, but am unfamiliar with the area, and will only have a couple of prime hours to go shopping.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon's Lair is in a shopping center on the southwest corner of Fredricksburg and Medical (Take I-10 west, turn left onto Medical. Drive roughly one mile. Or take Fredricksburg north from I-410 about a mile and a half). They've got a good selection of in-print stuff. MSRP pricing. If you're still around on Monday night, our game group meets there.

EDIT - There are other stores, but DL is the closest to the I-10/I-410 intersection - Medical is a mile or so up I-10 from 410.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon's Lair:

http://dlair.net/content/blogcategory/16/30/

I've never been to the SA store, but the one in Austin is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your game is Little Wars or other miniatures games, you must go to Kings X (http://www.kingsx.com/) and oogle and buy gloriously painted miniature warriors. Kings X is on the plaza next to the Alamo at the Gunther Hotel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second the nomination to stop by King's X, if you're going to the Riverwalk. Northwest San Antonio has the afore-mentioned Drangon's Lair as well as an interesting place called Purple Cactus (sic?) which has like 4 different game/comics/anime/stuff shops under one roof.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The downside to Purple Cactus is its weird hours and its distance from where the OP will be. It is, however, a cool set of stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hubbard
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all. I'll check again Wednesday to see if anything else pops up...I've never been to San Antonio, so the more choices I have, the more likely I'll bump into something. Alas: I'll be leaving too early Monday to see anyone's gaming group...more's the pity. Thanks for the invite, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heiligmann
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
30 years ago, I was put on the original Car Wars!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you've got better information, Purple cactus closed up shop and is now operating only at the Lackland store. However, Central Command, which used to be in the same center, is now right next door.

Dragon's Lair is probably your best bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls