BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: Utaaaah rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: utah_flgs [+] [View All]
Dawn Christensen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I just opened a game store in West Valley City (you've probably seen the leaderboard (?) ad for it if you're browsing from Utah). Rptgeek came into the store today with an excellent suggestion (wave, rptgeek!), so here I am posting at last.

What I want to know is this: how much interest is there out there for a SLC user group? I'd love to get something set up, but that's a lot of effort if no one cares.

Side note: wow, it's intimidating to post in such an active forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tyler
United States
Minnetonka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the name and location of your new store? I don't live in Utah anymore, but I have friends and family out there, and am often telling them where to look for games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pope
United States
Magna
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Sheamin!

It was really good to see your store!

I'm not at all affiliated with the store but I do want to support the idea of brick and mortar game stores. For those interested:

Epic Puzzles and Games
2739 South 5600 West
West Valley City, UT 84120

www.epicpug.com (801) 982-0167

I saw the Ad at the top of BBG yesterday and wanted to check it out. Fun store! Those in the west side of Salt Lake should check it out.

I am ALL for having some type of Board Game Group in Salt Lake -

Please let all those in the Salt Lake area know about this post and let's see how much interest there is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn Christensen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
What he said.

I wasn't sure if I would come across as a shameless self-promoter and get ignored if I put all the info in my post. Since it seems to be okay, though, come and check us out. We have open gaming all the time and especially on Thurs/Sat, Magic groups on Wed afternoons, and strategy gaming on Fridays.

A note about the web site: only about a third of our games are currently entered there. We are in the process of moving the hosting and will have a fully searchable list when that happens. If you're looking for something specific, give us a call and ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't live there anymore either, although thinking about coming back eventually, so it's good to see more game shops and conventions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls