Allan Brandt
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first real boardgame store in Estonia was finally opened on the 18th of september 2008. Before that there had only been stores devoted to TCG-s and boardgamers have been the rare breed gathering up in small groups to do things that most people don't understand.
With the opening of Ludo boardgame store and game club we are hoping to change that, offer great boardgames to wider range of people and of course offer a place for boardgamers to meet.

The opening event was held on the evening of friday the 19th. The people who had gathered, were offered some champagne and were directed towards the gaming tables.
When most of the people arrived, the first game of Saint Petersburg was already ending. A four player game of Ticket to Ride: Europe was set up on the other table, and after finishing St. Petersburg even the more experienced gamers were tempted to try out Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries. The success of the TTR series that evening was a suprise evet to us. Before finally closing after 9pm, the tables saw a few games of Blokus 3D and Zooloretto.

If you ever find your way to Estonia, you are welcome to visit us at Tallinn, Tartu mnt. 67. We are open from Monday to Friday 11.00-19.00 and on Saturdays from 11.00-17.00. If you have more questions, you can reach me by geekmail, or at allan[at]ludo.ee

Some pictures from the opening:

As another important note, the first Estonian Settlers of Catan championships are taking place next weekend. I will provide some coverage and pictures from that event also in two weeks.

Allan Brandt
Ludo FLGS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
Best of luck to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Congratulations!
And good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations. Looks like you've got a good range of stock in there. All the best for the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas Riekkinen
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmb
What are youre prices for wargames, for example GMT games? Just intrested is it worth pricewise to come from Finland to Estonia to shop boardgames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markku Jaatinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck and happy gaming from the other side of the bay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Brandt
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for all the good wishes.

From GMT we have at the moment Borodino 1812, Commands & Colors: Ancients, Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #1 – Greece & Eastern Kingdoms, The Conquerors: Alexander the Great, The Great War in Europe, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage

We are getting our website up in next few weeks, where we will have a full list of available games. Before that please geekmail me for more information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Your store looks great, best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bálint Nagy
Hungary
Győr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Gratulálunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You could also provide some means in which to produce "Print and Play" kinds, and then 'charge' by the sheet for any components to produce these. Check out the LISTs about those and see if you liked any. Click on that LINK below:

"Print & Play" Geek LIST

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lyons Beck
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Hey man-- smell my finger!
mbmbmbmbmb

Blessings to you & your family, may your new store bring you a wealth of happiness, a lifetime of wonderful friends, silver-studded memories, and of course lots of 5db5db5db!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Brandt
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big thanks to everyone. We have now been open for a week and things have started out great!

This weekend we are participating on family fair, where we are also organizing the first Settlers of Catan championships. Got to hope we can introduce boardgaming to a lot of new people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Lowe
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
good luck!

- really nice looking supply of stuff you have in stock.

next time i'm your way i'll be sure to pop in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it me or is Estonia's flag awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
Only discovered this now - best of luck to you!
One more reason to visit Tallinn sometime...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke
badge
Do or do not, there is no try.
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CW Lumm
United States
Hampden
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, terviseks, etc.

Sure could've used your store when I was living on Maakri, right around the corner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sending somebody over to check this store out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaspar K
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
Great store and even better service

I have bought all my major games from there. Tales of Arabian Nights, Power Grid, Wings of War etc...

Will look forward to getting my hands on Arkham Horror and Shadows Over Camelot next
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Brandt
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MidKentGamerUK wrote:
Will definitely have to drop in next time I'm in Estonia; am guessing the easiest way to find you would be to start at Stockmann and head south-east down Tartu Maantee?
Any handy hints on how to spot the store so I don't walk straight by, or is it easy to find?
The address is Tartu mnt. 67, a yellow building on the opposite side of the road from Stockmann. It is around 10 minute walk from there. We have a big sign LAUAMÄNGUPOOD above our door and two figures holding a die and game piece on the windows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited Ludo while in Tallinn two weeks ago. My wife and I talked with Liisi. It was a very nice store. I didn't have time to go back a second time so I didn't get to talk with Allan in person. Maybe next trip...

Ludo is on Tartu Mantee which was the road from the airport to our hotel. It figures that the first landmark I'd recognize in Tallinn would be a game store. (My wife got a kick out of that too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helari Hellenurm
Estonia
flag msg tools
Ludo store is the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Brynen
Canada
Baie d'Urfé
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Finding Ludo
Be aware that Ludo has moved: it is now located in the Rotermanni shopping center. While this will be evident from the Ludo website to those who can read Estonian, it will come as a surprise to those who use the current map on their webpage.

I dropped by with a friend last week, only to find a clothing store at the (former) location. A quick phone call to the store sorted it out--and it turned out they were located perhaps 90 seconds away from the hotel where we were staying

Google Map
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Rotermanni location didn't work out that great, so Ludo is now much closer to the airport, almost next to it, in fact. It's cool that Bing shows the floor plan of the shopping centre, but sadly it's out of date. We're on the first floor close to McDonalds.

Come by if you're ever in the neighbourhood!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls