Subject: Looking for store in Cambridge Ontario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
Do you know where I can find European style board games in Cambridge Ontario? And why don't stores like Zellers and WalMart sell these games in any case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
You have a great local game store right at your doorstep. J & J Cards & Collectibles is located a short drive from you in Waterloo. It is the largest European / German game store I've ever seen. If your jaw does not drop to the floor when you walk in that store, then you need to be checked for a pulse (it's that good). Prices are very good as well.

Their website: http://jjcards.com

Their address:

J&J Superstore
230 Weber St. N.
Waterloo, Ont. N2J 3H4 Canada
519-725-0443
1-877-868-6897
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second J&Js. Great selection at great prices. Not too far from cambridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.germangames.com/ is a Kichener-Waterloo based mail order site that might offer local pickup. Prices are good and they offer some hard-to-find items, so it's worth checking if you have something specific in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second all the replies. I shop at J & J cards quite a bit, and it's a fantastic store, from what I hear the best in Canada.

If you're interested in playing Euro Games with a group, let me know. There are a couple groups in the area that do regular board gaming, usually eurogaming.

One of the ones meets almost every Sunday evening, and I run one that goes once or twice a month on Thursday nights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
http://www.germangames.com/ is a Kichener-Waterloo based mail order site that might offer local pickup. Prices are good and they offer some hard-to-find items, so it's worth checking if you have something specific in mind.
Also another one I second. Shop from them quite a bit as well.

... I think I buy too many games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Taylor
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
I guess we should ask, do you have a car to come into Waterloo or Kitchener? I would heartily recommend germangames and J&J's both, but it's a moot point if you can't drive out here to get games. If you can't get here, drop me a line and I can get a drop off to you. I'll be in Cambridge on Nov. 19th. A weird offer, I know, but I'd hate to see a gamer go without games due to an issue as trivial as lack of transportation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
I stop at JJ's whenever I'm in the area, and I don't think I've ever walked out empty-handed. Excellent store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls