Popular Tags: [View All]
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In the topmost menu bar:
bazaar > GameStoreDB.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
YoungGrognard wrote:
I'm planning a trip to Duluth and the North Shore area, does anybody know if there are any game shops up there?

when are you going? Maybe a day trip to Spiel08 (Essen) is possible...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
North Shore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
YoungGrognard wrote:
I'm planning a trip to Duluth and the North Shore area, does anybody know if there are any game shops up there?

Yes sir there is, and I happen to be the unofficial event coordinator for the only FLGS we have (not counting the comic book stores). It's called GamePlanet and it's up on Woodland Ave past UMD if you know where that is. Feel free to GeekMail me and I can let you know where it is.

Also, if you're around on a Tuesday, I run a boardgame night there starting at 5:30. It's just a startup thus far, but if you're around it would be awesome to meet another patron of the 'Geek!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YoungGrognard wrote:
I might be heading up there this Saturday and/or in early November (but also on a weekend). Thanks for the tip though. How's their selection? Particularly, of wargames?

Well, what are you looking for I guess? I'm not much of a wargamer myself, but if you give me an idea of what you're looking to buy, I can tell you if they have it (I have an odd memory, I don't necessarily just remember something somewhere, but if someone mentions it I can remember if it's there or not).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Minor
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
In the Miller hill mall, in Duluth. The Comics Connection has an extensive collection of board games and the like.

Until recently their was a place downtown Robin Goodfellows, but they are now gone.

Try the Comics Connection, they might be able to point you to other places.

On your way up to Duluth, Stop at the Salvation Army in Cloquet (a good spot),
The Salvation Army in Duluth, (west end) and the Goodwills in the area, one on the hill a mile past the Mall, a really big one down near the Blatnik High Bridge and a smaller one over in Superior. you never know what you will find.

Also try rummage sales in the East part of town on Saturdays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minorg wrote:
In the Miller hill mall, in Duluth. The Comics Connection has an extensive collection of board games and the like.

Until recently their was a place downtown Robin Goodfellows, but they are now gone.

Try the Comics Connection, they might be able to point you to other places.

On your way up to Duluth, Stop at the Salvation Army in Cloquet (a good spot),
The Salvation Army in Duluth, (west end) and the Goodwills in the area, one on the hill a mile past the Mall, a really big one down near the Blatnik High Bridge and a smaller one over in Superior. you never know what you will find.

Also try rummage sales in the East part of town on Saturdays.

If you do hit the mall, the store is called Collector's Connection, but 95% of what they have is comics and roleplaying games. They have a few board games, and then a couple of shelves made of of things such as Munckin, Zombies, and a few others. There isn't a whole lot there.

The goodwill idea is always good, but I've never found much on the one down by the blatnik bridge. I'll have to check out the Cloquet one, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YoungGrognard wrote:
MasterGeek wrote:
YoungGrognard wrote:
I might be heading up there this Saturday and/or in early November (but also on a weekend). Thanks for the tip though. How's their selection? Particularly, of wargames?

Well, what are you looking for I guess? I'm not much of a wargamer myself, but if you give me an idea of what you're looking to buy, I can tell you if they have it (I have an odd memory, I don't necessarily just remember something somewhere, but if someone mentions it I can remember if it's there or not).

Anything on my Wishlist? I'm always on the lookout for good hex-and-counter Napoleonic or Seven Years War games.

They have most if not all of the non-wargames on your Wishlist. They also have Memoir '44 stuff and Wings of War packs, and Tannheuser (although not a wargame, I know, that one just leapt out at me as I would like it too).

As for the majority of your wargames, I'm afraid there's not a whole lot. The Wings and Memoir stuff are pretty much the closest, other than booster packs for miniatures games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YoungGrognard wrote:
I stopped by GamePlanet today, it's a nice little place. Not a ton of board games (other than every Catan game), but they had a pretty good variety among what they did. You were right, no wargames other than Memoir '44. I picked up Memoir '44 Eastern Front there for $23!

Heh, if you saw a guy sitting at a table with a bunch of kids running D&D, that was me. :-)

Anyway, I'm afraid you caught Gameplanet not at their strongest moment. They've been selling out of product almost as fast as they get in in this past week or so. And believe me, even what they have is more than you'll find pretty much anywhere else in this burgh. Hope you enjoy Eastern Front!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YoungGrognard wrote:
I did see you! My girlfriend thought it was awesome that you had kids that young playing D&D. My favorite snippet of conversation I overheard was, "No, you can't roleplay breakfast. You're not ready for that."

Yeah, they're a great group of kids. There are actually about 8 that play, but last week half of them jumped into a portal blind after a creature that got away and transported themselves to the main villains thousand-year-old "prison" after several warnings that they have no idea where they'd end up. You should see 8 kids agest 8-11 running in a D&D campaign. You'd rethink ever picking up your dice ever again! LOL. Seriously, though, I've always believed that if someone could show me a better, more exciting way to stimulate a young imagination that I would give up the DM screen for good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls