Subject: New Game Store coming to Chicago's Northside rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex dunning
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Game has come to the Northside. Chicagoland Games will be opening our new storefront at 1207 West Bryn Mawr Ave. Chicago, IL 60660 on Thursday, 11/06/08. We are a brand new game retailer with a dedicated playspace. We will be featuring strategy games, family games, role-playing games and collectibles in a major way. We may be a new store however, some of you may remember our staff from the late Gamers Paradise at the Century Mall.
Our staff is dedicated to building a game playing community not simply a retail space. Come by and check us out.

-Lexx
Chicagoland Gamers check this out, A new site and forum we created to promote unity and advertise events in the Chicago area gaming community.:
http://chicagolandgames.com

207 West Bryn Mawr Ave. Chicago, IL 60660
773-RAT-DOJO, 773-728-3656
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, it went from famine to feast in Chicago. I wish all of this had happened 3 years ago when I still lived there and had to be content with the game stores in WaterTower and Navy Pier (which means to say, not content at all).

Good luck!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to live around the corner from Cat-n-Mouse games, over 10 years ago.

I also lived up at Western and Foster for a few years.

Good news for Homewood citizens in 30 years. There'll be a new game store, right after I move away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leacock
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Lexx and crew, Congrats on the new store. It was your store at Century Mall that started me on Wizkids and other games 2 years ago. Glad we'll have a FLGS inside of Chicago, especially this winter when I am without a car to get out to the suburbs. See you in November!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to hit Chicago game stores every Christmas, until I moved to California. Now everyone wants to visit here, because it's 74 degree year 'round!

Good luck on your business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ze_stom wrote:
Wow, it went from famine to feast in Chicago. I wish all of this had happened 3 years ago when I still lived there and had to be content with the game stores in WaterTower and Navy Pier (which means to say, not content at all).

Good luck!!!!

I'll say! I think I read threads here about 3 new gamestores in Chicago opening since this summer!

The gamestore in the Water Tower Place closed down recently. I do not know if the gamestore at Navy Pier is still in business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patroclus wrote:
I do not know if the gamestore at Navy Pier is still in business.
Per their national website (Calendar Club run) they still are (and have added new stores too): http://www.calendarclub.com/locations/default.asp?from=SP

I updated the list in the guild thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/177319

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dunning
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hey guys. Just wanted to drop a quick note that our Board Game Nights are on Wed. from 6 PM until the wee hours and on Sunday from Noon till about six PM. We have had a really good mix of 8-12 players showing up. We also have a ton of store copies of strategy games. Come on by.

-Lexx
Chicagoland Games
1207 W Bryn Mawr Ave
Chicago, IL 60660
chicagolandgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Bill
msg tools
These are pretty cool. Half the store is gaming tables and they play late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Korreck
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest a concession stand like the theaters. It costs the movie theater $0.04 for a 32 oz. Coke. They sell it for $3.50. Great margains. Best of luck in your new business!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dunning
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hey guys we will once again be doing our strategy board game night Wed Dec 10th starting at 6 PM. This week we will be trotting out copies of Android and Cosmic Encounter. It should be a good time and as always we will playing into the wee hours. Hope to see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dunning
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hey guys, Just a quick note that we are having one of our all night board game nights tonight (January 14th) at Chicagoland Games. We will playing from 6 PM until the wee hours. On the menu tonight are Arkham Horror, Stone Age, Battlestar Galactica and possibly Cosmic Encounter. As always we will not close until the game is over.

Chicagoland Games
1207 W Bryn Mawr Ave
Chicago, IL 60660
773 728 3656

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls