Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
260 Posts
[1]  Prev «  7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11  | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: MinCrapMaxAccountability Pre-Thanksgiving 2008 MT -- Discussion, Debate, General Chit-Chat, & Whining Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: math-trade [+] [View All]
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
if folks are curious what other trades they "might have had" a possiblity of getting... don't forget the version of TradeMax I have (yea, I know, I have to get my ass in gear and merge my changes into sourceforge), you can do:

java -jar tm.jar --priorities=none --iterations=100 --metric=favor-user=yourusername input-file

where input-file can the url to the one over at Michael's site

for me it looks like only 2 trades were possible and I was lucky to get both in the official results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
if folks are curious what other trades they "might have had" a possiblity of getting... don't forget the version of TradeMax I have (yea, I know, I have to get my ass in gear and merge my changes into sourceforge), you can do:

java -jar tm.jar --priorities=none --iterations=100 --metric=favor-user=yourusername input-file

for me it looks like only 2 trades were possible and I was lucky to get both in the official results.
I definitely like those results better. I will have to specify that in the rules next time I moderate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

Ideally, shouldn't this support priorities for the user being favored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I figured the math worked out something like that, and sine my middle name is MUD, I thought I would wade right in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone interested in the "favoring individual users" results who doesn't feel like finding JeffyJeff's modified TradeMaximizer and running it, I've run it for all users. Check it out here:
http://slashhome.org/tmp/RoamDog/favoring_individuals/

I'd be interested in seeing a comparison of resulting trades with the actual results, at least by number. Anyone feel like compiling that? I don't have the numbers for the official results in a convenient format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops, I accidentally missed the folks with spaces in their names the first time around. Minor scripting error. Fixed! Sorry about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news, and just in time to warm my heart as snow begins to fall...

jsharp has offered to trade his three game grouping to me, one of my three targets for T&E (without asking for Citadels) straight up.

This is a generous offer, and I am greatly pleased. I'm sending him a silk tile bag along with as a bonus, but he made a very generous offer, and for that I am thankful.

Peace,
dh4l
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also got another trade near the start of this MT... was before I actually got in on this one.

My news Roads and Boats with an in shrink I'm the Boss for Brandon's 2nd edition Antiquity and a little help with my shippping.

I think it's the heaviest box (almost 10 pounds) I've sent out in a game trade.

So those sick of seeing my Roads & Boats (and/or the I'm the Boss) in math trades, you won't have to anymore

Now where can I find Duck Dealer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dyfrgi wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Ideally, shouldn't this support priorities for the user being favored?
It's possible to treat the favored user's want lists as ordered (the type of prorities wouldn't matter), would just have to make sure to assign a higher (and same across the board) cost to every one else's wants.

I didn't want to get into that section of the code, I was really playing with the metric to use for ITERATIONS as the primary metric I wanted was USERS-TRADING and this was an easy extension of that.... but thinking about it some more, it's possible you may be onto something better....

... I'd have to think about it some more (or maybe Chris or you or someone else can), but it may even be possible using priorities to get TradeMax to find one of the trade sets in one run of the algorithm that maximizes the number of trades for the favored user (in addition of course to still maximizing the number of items traded overall).

for what it's worth, I'm planning to add another METRIC choice... COMBINE-SHIPPING. This one will look at each result set ITERATIONS finds and look for the one where the most items are being sent from the same person to the same person, so that folks can save on shipping. I have a feeling this may have absolutely no effect as the odds are very slim for that to happen to being with.....

... what I still have on my list is a math trade where every user provides the zipcode where they will be sending/receiving from/to (yes, it would require another USA only one), and I have the OLWLG generate wants using EXPLICIT priorities with the priority for each want be the distance (as the crow flies) between you and the item you want.

And of course to finish my original goasl for the METRIC option, and that is to chain them.... something like METRIC=Favor-User=JeffyJeff,Users-Trading,Sum-Of-Squares

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11  |