Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
260 Posts
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [11] | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: MinCrapMaxAccountability Pre-Thanksgiving 2008 MT -- Discussion, Debate, General Chit-Chat, & Whining Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: math-trade [+] [View All]
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
Microbadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Yellow Ribbon (Support Our Troops)Microbadge: New York Mets fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan
TheOriginalGameBoy wrote:
I had a comment about my copy of Age of Empires III listed in the trade and just replied to it. I'm copying here just in case it gets read here and not there. (I also GMd the individual who asked)

This is the 2007 edition. Because of the large box size and not many contents (this box seems way oversized for its contents) there is a slight cupping in the lid.

Also - I just happened to think about this; may not be anything, but since I don't have another to compare to I don't know; the pieces inside are contained inside baggies; i.e. no insert. I'm not sure if this game even came with an insert or not since I didn't buy it new. Just letting you know in case.
No insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Microbadge: Pet loverMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Game Group Organizer
RoamDog wrote:
CJHeart wrote:
I accidentally screwed up when checking the boxes on the OLWLG and now I can't see to get it to reset. Anyone know how I go back so I can fix everything since I have no idea how I screwed up? It's never happened before.
We will probably have to get JeffyJeff to respond, but have you tried clicking back to step 3 and then going from there to step 4?
going back to step 3 doesn't "reset" anything... you really need to uncheck boxes, easier from step 4...

what boxes you need to uncheck depends on the type of "screw up"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Faria
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Geekway to the West attendeeMicrobadge: 2007 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2008 Christmas Card Exchange participantMicrobadge: Reiner Knizia freakMicrobadge: 2008 Secret Santa participant
Yes,but it doesn't re-set which is very odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Faria
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Geekway to the West attendeeMicrobadge: 2007 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2008 Christmas Card Exchange participantMicrobadge: Reiner Knizia freakMicrobadge: 2008 Secret Santa participant
it's saying one of my dummy items is wanted by real items.. I always use duplicate protection and never messed up before. This is for king of Siam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pet loverMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Game Group Organizer
CJHeart wrote:
it's saying one of my dummy items is wanted by real items.. I always use duplicate protection and never messed up before. This is for king of Siam
Did you check out Chris's geeklist w/screen shots on dup protection in the OLWLG at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 ?

edit: it's geeklist items 6, 7 and 8 I think that talk about the warnings and how to resolve them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
Microbadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Yellow Ribbon (Support Our Troops)Microbadge: New York Mets fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan
CJHeart wrote:
Did you start creating your want lists before creating the "duplicate protection" item (for King of Siam)? If you did, you'll have to go back to the King of Siam items that you had already clicked, and unclick them. This is why I like to wait until the list is closed before I start clicking check boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Faria
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Yup I did. Been using dupe protection for a longtime. I'm not seeing the error but I'm getting the red error message.. I'm sure it's one check box I'm missing somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
CJHeart wrote:
it's saying one of my dummy items is wanted by real items..
Can you cut/paste the exact text of the warning? You sure it's not the one described at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005/item/671997#item...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Faria
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Warning! Empty Dummy Items Being Used
The dummy item(s) "KoS" have empty want lists, but are wanted by your real items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
CJHeart wrote:
Warning! Empty Dummy Items Being Used
The dummy item(s) "KoS" have empty want lists, but are wanted by your real items.
That's covered by http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005/item/671994#item... but the solution there actually may not be the solution you want... how did you create the dummy item KoS? full manual or the "simpler way"? If the latter, it probably means you didn't check the box "Check here to auto add corresponding game items to the pseudo items" at the time you created it.

What you probably really want to do is to find light green background "column" with the dummy item for KoS (King of Siam) and check the boxes in that intersect with the rows for the real "King of Siam" items in the math trade. If any other boxes were checked in those rows you may need to uncheck them or you'll probably end up with one of the other warnings.

double check the "official format" or "summary" afterwards to see if you have what you want.

edit: actually what Chris has listed there for the solution is correct... I just misread it... I think by "check off" it's mean to "check the boxes" (vs. unchecking which is how I read it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Faria
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I've tried everything it worked fine for T&E duplicated but when I click for summary the king of siam duplicate is still empty! I've checked the green row boxes.

I'm so frustrated I MT all the time and have never had a problem like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
CJHeart wrote:
I've tried everything it worked fine for T&E duplicated but when I click for summary the king of siam duplicate is still empty! I've checked the green row boxes.

Hmm, you may be looking at cached pages in your browser. I just went into step 4 as you and things look good, no warnings and in the summary:

"King of Siam" [KoS-]
1. "King of Siam" rsolow [791665-837]
2. "King of Siam" hvogel [792156-903]

what browser (and browser version) are you using? See if you can clear your browsers cache?

edit: one problem I still see... you don't have ANY of my items on your want list(s)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Faria
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
That did it. Thanks Jeff! So sorry for my stupidness. It helps to clear your cache!

I'm gonna tip you when I gt back later need time away from the computer now. Want lists in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
CJHeart wrote:
It helps to clear your cache!
it's still weird your browser was caching... browsers shouldn't be caching form submission results, especially POST method style. What browser (and version and OS) are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Faria
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Windows XP Media. IE 7 I believe. Leave it to me to be the 1 out of a million with an issue. Haha. Let me go tip you now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Faria
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
JeffyJeff wrote:
CJHeart wrote:

Hmm, you may be looking at cached pages in your browser. I just went into step 4 as you and things look good, no warnings and in the summary:

"King of Siam" [KoS-]
1. "King of Siam" rsolow [791665-837]
2. "King of Siam" hvogel [792156-903]

what browser (and browser version) are you using? See if you can clear your browsers cache?

edit: one problem I still see... you don't have ANY of my items on your want list(s)
Hey Jeff, Out of curiosity can you log into the want list generator as anyone you want?? That could get interesting for you. Haha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
CJHeart wrote:
Windows XP Media. IE 7 I believe. Leave it to me to be the 1 out of a million with an issue.
Argh, I only have IE6.something ... I hope IE7 isn't caching POST results, they have likely broken the use of lots of sites. Maybe it's some kind of IE option.

CJHeart wrote:
Hey Jeff, Out of curiosity can you log into the want list generator as anyone you want?? That could get interesting for you.
It's a pain to do it (because I need to lookup your unique user id, the one in the login link you get), but I've needed to do it now and then to help folks like yourself (I could ask 1,000 questions, but often just one look is worth a thousand words).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Faria
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Yup I'm hoping the problem was a one time fluke; and am blaming it on the first winter storm of the year and not some dreaded IE 7 problem. If it happens in the next trade I'll uninstall IE 7. Math trades are more important!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Johnston
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: All Glory to the HypnotoadMicrobadge: CollectorMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Venture Bros. fan
For anyone interested in the Merchant of Venus I have listed (item #883), I've determined that the two missing counters are, indeed, the two blank grey counters. (There are actually three blank counters; the smaller white blank *is* included.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: US ArmyMicrobadge: Dice Hate MeMicrobadge: Science Fiction fanMicrobadge: Train Gamer
wjohnston wrote:
For anyone interested in the Merchant of Venus I have listed (item #883), I've determined that the two missing counters are, indeed, the two blank grey counters. (There are actually three blank counters; the smaller white blank *is* included.)
That is a deal breaker for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Civilization fanMicrobadge: What does this mean for Up Front?Microbadge: Revolution: The Dutch Revolt 1568-1648 fanMicrobadge: Magic Realm fan
RoamDog wrote:
Still plenty of time, so do not panic.

# MISSING WANTS

# Ward (2)
Do you have an official summary posted somewhere? I've tried to use the OWLG but it only shows item #908 instead of the whole list. It had shown the entire list earlier when I started compiling my list, but now it is not helping me at all. I did a quick search for the summary, but honestly, with avalanche of posts and rules and comments and whatnot, I did not see it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
Microbadge: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” — Anaïs NinMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: I support ArsenalMicrobadge: Wine drinkerMicrobadge: Peace and Tolerance
Ward wrote:
RoamDog wrote:

# MISSING WANTS

# Ward (2)
Do you have an official summary posted somewhere? I've tried to use the OWLG but it only shows item #908 instead of the whole list. It had shown the entire list earlier when I started compiling my list, but now it is not helping me at all. I did a quick search for the summary, but honestly, with avalanche of posts and rules and comments and whatnot, I did not see it.

Thanks!
Steve, look at the top of the page in the OLWLG. It says:

"You are only viewing new items added since you last viewed this page. If you would like to view the entire list click here"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Civilization fanMicrobadge: What does this mean for Up Front?Microbadge: Revolution: The Dutch Revolt 1568-1648 fanMicrobadge: Magic Realm fan
anglotiger wrote:
Ward wrote:
RoamDog wrote:

# MISSING WANTS

# Ward (2)

Thanks!
Steve, look at the top of the page in the OLWLG. It says:

"You are only viewing new items added since you last viewed this page. If you would like to view the entire list click here"
Yeah, clicked that only to see an empty list instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
It's back. Hopefully, I'll have the time to wrap it up tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: US ArmyMicrobadge: Dice Hate MeMicrobadge: Science Fiction fanMicrobadge: Train Gamer
Ward wrote:
It's back. Hopefully, I'll have the time to wrap it up tonight.
If you are using IE7 Jeffy commented earlier that there may be a cache issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [11] |