Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
With the latest UK issue of "Vogue" you get a thing called "The Secret Address Book". In it you can find 537 places to shop. And there are board games advertised! But, there's an unfortunate twist...

Quote:
PLAYIN' GAMES
Pick up just about any board game at this independent toy shop, down the street from the British Museum. The store stocks several variations on the classic Monopoly board, including Anti-Monopoly, a charmingly anarchic version which pits players against big businesses.
Just when I had my hopes up... arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harlan Rosenthal
United States
Fair Lawn
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We found that store by accident last time we were in London (from the NYC area). It's a real game store with both European and US publications, not just Monopoly; the morons from Vogue probably didn't understand any of the other things in the shop. Or did, and figured that the typical Vogue reader wouldn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited that store while in London this spring. Close to the museum, and a Thai restaurant, yum! Indeed there were actual BGG style games there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my hopes up about Vogue talking about board games with sense - not about the store itself, which I believe is big and well-stocked

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karlo Tuominen
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As we all know the embarrassing moment when we whip out the MtG-deck in the middle of the busiest Friday night at our local hi-flyer nightclub. It's like feromones. All the girls start to circle around you, looking horny, suppressing their uncontrollable urges. Undressing you with their hungry eyes, like your just a peace of meat. It's like a flame to the moths... shake And then you wake up in sweat... It was just a bad dream... surprise snore Don't own MtG, but I think I'll be getting one of those starter decks pretty soon... And all because of Vogue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls