Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My aunt and uncle live in Glen Ellyn and they are going to be shopping soon for Christmas presents. They shy away from online buying, so I had hopped that I could direct them to a local game store. Any info in this regard would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise, my Christmas present will be either clothes or books and I'd much rather prefer board games over that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Korreck
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Plus in Mt. Prospect is Mecca

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
There used to be a couple local chains in the Chicago suburbs: Gamers Paradise and Winston's Games. It's been at least 2 years since I've been to either so I don't know if they still exist, but you can check. "Games by James" was a game store in Yorktown Mall in Lombard, IL, just next door to Glen Ellyn but I don't know if it exists any more. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer's Paradise is still going strong, but I couldn't find any information about Winston's Games or Games by James. I'm assuming that they have both gone out of business. Oh well, I have something to go with and my Christmas will be a little more merry now. Thanks for the info everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Hackler

Naperville
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer's Paradise has shut their doors.

The one in Woodfield Mall reopened under the name Gamer's World.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wandering Dragon
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Old thread but new store...

The Wandering Dragon Game Shoppe in Plainfield, IL.
www.WanderingDragon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
Fair Game is an excellent game store on Main St. in Downers Grove. Good inventory, great staff, they do game nights there, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Daley
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I just found this out through Reddit, but TPK Gaming opened up IN Glen Ellyn, IL. It's in the Baker Hill Shopping Center on Roosevelt Rd. I visited there, and Nick, the owner, is amazing. He sat down, played his latest game with us, and was kind as can be.

They're starting up, their prices are usually about 10-20% off retail, and since they're a new store, they don't have a ton of stock, but Nick can get his hands on just about anything you want.

I ordered Hanabi, and he said it would be there in 2 days. Came back in 2 days, said UPS hadn't come yet. He personally drove to the pickup location to get it for me that night.

Cannot recommend highly enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked them out a few weeks ago and am planning a game night there in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Olsen

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dropped by TPK Gaming today. Decent selection and prices, with a growing selection of demos. Not as wide a selection of games for sale and trial as Fair Game in Downers Grove, but excellent and (for me) a lot closer. I'll definitely be back, especially for a Thursday night tabletop session (lots o' Magic and Force of Will elsetimes, which isn't really my jam).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls