Popular Tags: [View All]
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in Cleveland for the rest of the week. Can anyone recommend a FLGS in the area? I'm into train games and euros. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Embark
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am on the west side of town, so these are the only ones that I know of that stock Euros.

I'm Game in North Olmsted at the Great Northern Mall http://www.imgamestore.com/

Gamer's Haven Middleberg Heights
http://www.screamingdragon.com/

There is also a store right across from I'm Game in the Great Northern Mall. I cannot remember what it is called but they stock a lot of miniatures games and some comic books. There are a few Euros but nothing like what you can find at I'm Game.

If you don't mind travelling to North Olmsted, it's worth going out to see what the folks at I'm Game have. They are pretty good about helping you find what you want and they keep a decent stock of the top games here on BGG.

They also have a BGG account. I can remember seeing at least one post from the owners asking about a boardgame swap night at the store.

Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
Underhills Games in Cuyahoga Falls (see www.underhillsgames.com for directions) hosts the Akron Board Gamers Association monthly meeting.

They have a large selection of games.

Also, looks like there will be a meetup of the Northeast Ohio gamers on Thursday night at 5 pm at I'm Game (see previous post). If you are in town Thursday night and looking for a game, you may want to check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Leonhard
United States
Aldie
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Underhills is absolutely the best store around! If you can make the drive down there, I'd heavily recommend it.

There's also the Warzone:
Warzone Matrix
4704 Rocky River Dr
Cleveland, OH 44135

If you're in town tonight, we're playing games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andsoerinsaid wrote:
Underhills is absolutely the best store around! If you can make the drive down there, I'd heavily recommend it.

There's also the Warzone:
Warzone Matrix
4704 Rocky River Dr
Cleveland, OH 44135

If you're in town tonight, we're playing games.

This one is a *great* shop for minis and wargames. Their selection of Euros is solid but smaller than the newer stores I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Molyneaux
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
The comic character Nexus, by Mike Baron and Steve Rude
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Embark wrote:

There is also a store right across from I'm Game in the Great Northern Mall. I cannot remember what it is called but they stock a lot of miniatures games and some comic books. There are a few Euros but nothing like what you can find at I'm Game.

The other is called Recess Games. http://www.recess.net

Their selection of Euros is interesting, but nowhere near complete. I'd agree that Underhill's, Gamer's Haven, and I'm Game all have much more complete Euro selections.

Quote:

They also have a BGG account. I can remember seeing at least one post from the owners asking about a boardgame swap night at the store.

'I'm Game' holds an annual game auction. I believe it's held in the summer, if I remember correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diversions in Newbury is pretty grungy, but they have the best selection of Euros around.

10643 Kinsman Road

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am gonna have to say that Underhill's Games is the BEST spot for buying games in Northeast Ohio. They also just set up a temporary mall location for the holiday's at Summit Mall in Akron, but the selection is toned down somewhat on the Euros, and is catered as much to the casual mass-market player at that particular location.

But I find Underhill's to be the best place - nearly my entire collection of non-mass market games have been acquired at that store, as I am a heavy-duty supporter of my local FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
syphon wrote:
Embark wrote:

The other is called Recess Games. http://www.recess.net

Their selection of Euros is interesting, but nowhere near complete. I'd agree that Underhill's, Gamer's Haven, and I'm Game all have much more complete Euro selections.

There is a more recent opening of Recess Games at the Southpark Mall in Strongsville right off of Rt 82 (just west of I-71). That store is a little more "Euro" oriented, so your selection there may be a bit more expansive than their location at Great Northern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Spontelli
United States
MANSFIELD
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/dfwgames/
badge
Okay, let's start the meeting. My name is Ken, and I'm a Tichu addict.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an on-line retailer that operates from Cleveland. You can order games on their website and pick them up at their east side location.

RC Hobbies - Hobbies and Games

The location is:
3739 Lowell Rd
Cleveland Ht's, OH 44121

You can only pick up games in the evening, not during the day.

It's the best of both worlds, the low pricing of an on-line retailer and the get-it-now convenience of a FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses! You guys are great.
Turns out I'm actually staying in Painesville, but I'm planning on heading into Cleveland in the evenings. Some suggestions appear to be a bit of a haul for me, but I'm gonna try to squeeze some in, in addition to the rock n roll hall of fame. cool

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Molyneaux
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rockusultimus wrote:
Thanks for all the responses! You guys are great.
Turns out I'm actually staying in Painesville, but I'm planning on heading into Cleveland in the evenings. Some suggestions appear to be a bit of a haul for me, but I'm gonna try to squeeze some in, in addition to the rock n roll hall of fame. cool

Thanks again.

Since you're in Painesville, there's another option that will be closer, even if the selection is a bit meager. Take a look at Comic Heaven in Willoughby. It's basically on the way in toward Cleveland, a couple towns west of where you are now.

4847 Robinhood
Willoughby, OH 44094

http://comicheaven.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls