Popular Tags: [View All]
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently while taking my daily commute through Robie street, I noticed a new store setting up at around the corner of Robie and Russell Street (or, in other words, near the intersection where Kempt Road ends). It's called "Quantum Frontier" and I think that the store is open now. It looks to be primarily a comic book store, but it does say "games" on its front store window, so I may be dropping by sometime in the near future to check it out. Unfortunately their website isn't up yet... which I find kind of disappointing/unprofessional.. I mean, if the store is already open there shouldn't be an excuse for not having a website up. (The supposed url is www.quantumfrontier.ca

Has anyone else been inside yet? I really hope they do sell board games as it's right on my way to and from university.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Arnold
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: New FLGS???
Their web site says that the grand opening is Saturday 29th Nov. Might swing in and check it out. I hear the owner used to be the guy who ran fleet con a few years back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McMerty
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
Quantum Frontier is primarily a game store, but I have comics, toys and models. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me. As for the website, well, I was unable to find a web developer that would either do such as "small" job, or I would have been horribly overcharged. The website is a work in progress and will be developed over time. Again, I apologize, but during start-up I had to choose between a nice store with stock or a nice website. If anybody has any suggestions on how I can solve the problem, please feel free to contact me.

Happy Holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mateui wrote:
Recently while taking my daily commute through Robie street, I noticed a new store setting up at around the corner of Robie and Russell Street (or, in other words, near the intersection where Kempt Road ends). It's called "Quantum Frontier" and I think that the store is open now. It looks to be primarily a comic book store, but it does say "games" on its front store window, so I may be dropping by sometime in the near future to check it out. Unfortunately their website isn't up yet... which I find kind of disappointing/unprofessional.. I mean, if the store is already open there shouldn't be an excuse for not having a website up. (The supposed url is www.quantumfrontier.ca

Has anyone else been inside yet? I really hope they do sell board games as it's right on my way to and from university.
Hey Mateui, I think Mad Canuck has been inside.

Mad Canuck wrote:
Quantum Frontier is primarily a game store, but I have comics, toys and models. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me. As for the website, well, I was unable to find a web developer that would either do such as "small" job, or I would have been horribly overcharged. The website is a work in progress and will be developed over time. Again, I apologize, but during start-up I had to choose between a nice store with stock or a nice website. If anybody has any suggestions on how I can solve the problem, please feel free to contact me.

Happy Holidays.

I think we've all just witnessed the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Ah, the first contact between geek and game shop owner. Life has few of these firsts...ya know. Don't take it for granted you two.

I wish you the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McMerty
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
I like making new friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, perhaps I shall need to drop by tomorrow on my way back from my final exam. Hopefully this will be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Sorry about calling the site unprofessional. Given the choice of an awesome website or an awesome store I'd go with the store myself as well. I guess I was a little frustrated from seeing the front store sign and then not being able to find out any more info! laugh

I'll definetely try to make it tomorrow and venture through the potential freezing rain.

EDIT: Well, looks like I won't be able to make it in. Hopefully when university is back in session I'll drop by sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McMerty
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
My website is now operational.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mad Canuck wrote:
My website is now operational.
Well, what is it? Are you going to link it to your profile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
Canada
Unspecified
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mb
Any word on the selection/prices of games here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have stopped in a few times and actually bought Race for the Galaxy at this store a few weeks ago...thought we would have to go to Strange Adventures but Quantum had it on the shelf!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls