Subject: Polar Opposites aka "Really Lost Polar Bear Expansion" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: variant [+] [View All]
Jeremy Chambers
United States
Walsenburg (soon Trinidad)
Colorado
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Colorado here I come! Family, hopefully real soon.
mbmbmb
I got this idea from the Rejected Expansions Geeklist. Woelf thought it up, I just fully implemented it.

This expansion adds a wooden polar bear figure that could eat penguins. Polar Bear starts on the 3 fish tile closest to the middle of the ice flow (before players place penguins).

Each turn after moving a penguin, the current player would get to move the polar bear in a straight line equal to the number of fish on the tile they just picked up.

If the bear landed on a space occupied by an opponent's penguin, the penguin was eaten (removed from the game).

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like a great way to block your opponents and add a little humor and tension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Chambers
United States
Walsenburg (soon Trinidad)
Colorado
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Colorado here I come! Family, hopefully real soon.
mbmbmb
This also could be combined with Killer Whale! for a much more tense experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns   The Fearsome Foes  The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.             AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this here!

Thematically it was intended as a joke, but I figured it might as well be playable too. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Alampay
United States
University Place
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The polar bear in Polar Dare would be perfect for this variant. Just be prepared when Mr. Know-it-all tells you that polar bears and penguins live at opposite ends of the globe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls