Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, my girlfriend is going to Philadelphia on a business trip in a couple of days.

Now my gamergirl is obviously willing to pick up a game for me, but just needs to know where, since she doesn't have much time to find out herself.

Any tips from gamers from Philly? Which shops carry a good selection of American games (FFG, Rio Grande, Z-man) for good deals, and maybe a good second hand selection?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bergeron
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not from PA but I was recently in the Lancaster County area which I think is about 1 hr (?) outside Philly. Just north/northeast of Lancaster is New Holland and on Rt 23 I stumbled on an impressive game store. It was called Six Feet Under Games. The number of games they had was insane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
The best game store in the Philly area is The Games Keep in West Chester. (about a 30 minute drive from Center City Philly). They have a fantastic selection at reasonable prices and the owner, Karl, is very friendly and helpful.

There's also The Compleat Strategist in King of Prussia (about a 20 minute drive from Center City). They have a decent selection, but their prices are on the high end.

Another game store in the area is Abington Games in Abington (35 minutes from Center City) Good prices, but the selection is smaller than the other two forementioned stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesurplus.com

an hour from Philly. Order online, get it the next day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Calabrese
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
What?
badge
The Great Awakening
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
The best game store in the Philly area is The Games Keep in West Chester. (about a 30 minute drive from Center City Philly). They have a fantastic selection at reasonable prices and the owner, Karl, is very friendly and helpful.

I will second The Games Keep. When ever I'm in the area, I try to swing in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meitzler
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live real close to Philly, I would recommend gamesurplus, their cheapest shipping will get it there overnight, plus gamesurplus is really good at checking emails. Place a big order, have it delivered to the hotel, cheapest way and best selection. All the places mentioned are not in the city but a substantial drive away (depending on traffic).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for replying! It's things like this that make BGG a great community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from the Philadelphia suburbs originally, and another option is the Gamer's Realm in West Windsor, NJ. It's about 50 minutes to an hour outside of Philadelphia in neighboring New Jersey, but they usually have a good, large selection of board games, miniatures and roleplaying games. http://www.gamersrealm.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably too late but just in case.

I'd recommend "all things fun" in Berlin NJ about 30-45 minutes outside of philly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls