Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Heading up to Twin Cities this weekend... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fat Tony
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
...and my friends and I are looking for stores to visit. Game stores, as well as comic shops, music/movies, video games, and any other geeky locations we should check out. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366 ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Tourville
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Source is really the best one. Lots of great games. Nice staff, too.

http://www.hinterwelt.com/Stores/The_Source.html

Big Brain Comics is a cool spot, too.

http://www.avs-inc.com/bbc.jpg
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You could come play some games at my place on Saturday!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fat Tony
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL wrote:


I had no idea this thread existed. Thanks Bas, that's a great resource.

EDIT: Looks like we must hit the Source. And Anthony, thanks for the invite!

We're actually heading up for the Saturday 7pm showing of My Name Is Bruce, but we're doing as much other "nerd" stuff as possible. Should be fun!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Source is by far the best nerd place in town to hit. They are also the "Home Base Store" for Atlas Games, Steve Jackson Games, and to some minimal extent, Fantasy Flight Games (which is only 5-10 mins down the street, though not open to the public).

Otherwise, the whole city is pretty open to the arts, gaming, and general fandom. Don't forget to come back for Convergence in July!

Otherwise Tower Games is nice and located reasonably close to Chaos Games. Though both shops really pale in comparison to The Source.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check out Chaos Games. It's a newer store, that I haven't had a chance to get to yet.

http://chaosgames.us

Also, if you're able to come back in Feb. Con of the North is definitely worth it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/357767

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
You might want to check out Chaos Games. It's a newer store, that I haven't had a chance to get to yet.

http://chaosgames.us

Also, if you're able to come back in Feb. Con of the North is definitely worth it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/357767



Yeah Con Of The North is our own mini BBG.con.

Also, Chaos has thickened their BG's and have some nice titles now, and The Source is completely decked out and filled to the brim for the holidays. They have piles upon piles of the hot titles.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
You might want to check out Chaos Games. It's a newer store, that I haven't had a chance to get to yet.

http://chaosgames.us

Also, if you're able to come back in Feb. Con of the North is definitely worth it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/357767



Yeah Con Of The North is our own mini BBG.con.

Also, Chaos has thickened their BG's and have some nice titles now, and The Source is completely decked out and filled to the brim for the holidays. They have piles upon piles of the hot titles.


The Source is evil devil (in a good way!)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fat Tony wrote:
BaSL wrote:


I had no idea this thread existed. Thanks Bas, that's a great resource.

EDIT: Looks like we must hit the Source. And Anthony, thanks for the invite!

We're actually heading up for the Saturday 7pm showing of My Name Is Bruce, but we're doing as much other "nerd" stuff as possible. Should be fun!


How was the movie?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fat Tony
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
How was the movie?


The movie was great, but I'd only recommend it to people who are solidly in the cult of Bruce Campbell. It's clearly intended for the devoted.

Anyway, a big thanks to everyone who recommended the Source. Hands down the best selection I've ever seen. If only it weren't so close to Christmas, when me and my wife's annual "buying-for-yourself" ban is in effect! We'll be back, and I'll be sure to check out Chaos at the same time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Come back up for Con Of The North! You won't regret it!

http://www.conofthenorth.org/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls