Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a little FYI for those gamers in the SoCal area...

A new comics and games shop has JUST opened (official Grand Opening is scheduled for the 13th of December) and while their stock is a tad sparse right now, it is a very nice space (with an upper balcony that will soon accommodate gaming tables)! According to the owners, games, comics and toys are all on their way en masse, but they opened early to allow for an in-store signing from the star of the new "Punisher" movie.

They are located at 4116 Burbank Boulevard and I hope things work out well for them and they have a long and successful future!

~Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Spaulding
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, what's the name of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops...

It's "Emerald Knights".

~S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just visited Emerald Knights yesterday for the first time. The owners have a very ambitious plan to make a very customer-friendly locale for area hobbyists (comics and gaming).

A very large, open-space store. The second level has an open view of the entire lower level, and there is space for quite a number of tables there. They also plan to have some product shelving up there.

Tim and I stopped in to take a look. The owners are still relatively new to the hobby and industry, and took in our feedback about what to expect and what games they should look into getting. They even let us take a peek at an invoice from their distributor, to see if we could come up with more titles for them to order (I suggested they get Formula D and Wasabi!, both of which were not in their initial order).

We then demo'ed some newer games to a couple of the partners, and the games to be successful at getting the owners enthusiastic about carrying them. It's also good that they have some first-hand knowledge about some of these games, to better assist them selling.

They enjoyed Formula D (we played 2 games of it), so I think my suggestion will result in an order for them. They also very much liked Pandemic.

It looks like we have a great new store in the L.A. area that'll take its place in the market. The owners are attentive and want to hear what we consumers have to say. They want to ease into things, so don't expect them to carry 3 copies of ever esoteric German language game. But they're going to try to carry the contemporary games as much as the top sellers.

One more store to put into the rotation of monthly visits. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhett Robb
United States
Castaic
California
flag msg tools
I stopped by this place on a whim on the 31st and was 'talked into' purchasing Formula D by my 4 year old. Thanks for recommending they order it, it's been a huge hit around my household.

I also mentioned I was looking for the reprint of Cosmic Encounter so perhaps that'll be there shortly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Chapman
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
speaking of game shops in ca
We just moved to REdding.. where the game scene seems just about nonexistent.
I could not figure out how to post a thread asking if there are any gamers in this area.
thanks for any help.
Kent in Redding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Faturechi
United States
California
flag msg tools
Check out the shop now. Ask anyone who has been there recently. Not your average game shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Littleton
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
How so Jacob?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mad Hatter
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This place is great.

A friend of mine found a listing for this place on Yelp several months ago, so I wandered in one night after work; it just happened to be their one-year anniversary of opening and I chatted up one of the owners and asked him about being able to host game days for my group there. He was really pleasant and accomodating, and we've been doing once-a-months there since January.

Highly recommended!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls