Popular Tags: variant [+] Zombinion [+] Retheme [+] [View All]
R. L. Lloyd
United States
flag msg tools
...as in my brain fails me at times.
badge
Thought Apparatus Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played Dominion for the first time. During this first game (and following a conversation regarding the card size / sleeve sizes) I felt like this game could use a retheme if it were to remain a game I readily desire to play - and I really wanted it to. I had also recently discovered the FPS game for the PC, Left 4 Dead. My love of all things zombie and my desire to improve the theme for this game sparked the following retheme.

EDIT:

Created the new "Envoy" card equivalent:

The print ready pdf files can be found here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo/37598
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kawski
United States
Midland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough to play this version last night.

It's an excellent re-theme.

It did take a while to get the new terminology working in my head. (Treasure is now Aim, and a Buy is now a Target.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally, I am not a fan of re-theming a game, but this one is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks absolutely awesome!!!! where can i get it? blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! It even looks nicer than the real version!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donna Silverman
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you make custom card backs too? :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
Just a few things I wanted to point out about this re-theme:
1) It's awesome.
2) It's awesome.
3) And furthermore, it's awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Venton wrote:
Just a few thing I wanted to point out about this re-theme:
1) It's awesome.
2) It's awesome.
3) And furthermore, it's awesome!
Come on Venton, on your rush to get out this admittedly awesome post, you leave out the most important point....

This re-theme is awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Linnanen
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work. I was expecting a witch to still be a witch, which I thought funny, but alas, it was renamed I wish I could buy this somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. L. Lloyd
United States
flag msg tools
...as in my brain fails me at times.
badge
Thought Apparatus Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to know someone else likes it. zombie

scarletfray wrote:
Did you make custom card backs too?
I have thought about a card back design but since I used black backed card sleeves I didn't pursue it as of yet.

pillar wrote:
Good work. I was expecting a witch to still be a witch, which I thought funny, but alas, it was renamed I wish I could buy this somewhere.
This was my first thought as well but I tried to keep the Left 4 Dead details to a minimum. I wanted to stick with a broader zombie survival feel to keep the card names as straightforward as I could for those not familiar with L4D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Pauly
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome ... you could add the expansion-card as well as any upcomming expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
Microbadge: Detective: City of Angels fanMicrobadge: Level 10 BGG posterMicrobadge: Everdell fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fan
This is awesome. Great work!

I'm not interested in this game as it is, but I'd certainly play the zombie version!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... just, wow.

Great job! If you put this in the files section as a printable version, I would soooo paste up my copy of the game. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Miłuński
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work! I suggest name of "Zombinion"devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Pausch
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

This so... made for me!
I just imagine playing this with my eurogame group. "Hey, who wants to play Dominion! But this time the winner is the guy who shots the most zombies in the head! Harharhar!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow this is so cool, I'm going to have to try this out. Thanks so much for creating this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Antiquity fanMicrobadge: Food chain magnate fanMicrobadge: I print my own components.Microbadge: Roads & Boats fanMicrobadge: Depression and Mental Health Awareness
Yes I was one of the lucky ones to play this retheme also that 1st night. I never played the original but let me say this was a fun game with the theme. I would even buy the original if it had this theme myself.

Great job Apparatus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Antiquity fanMicrobadge: Food chain magnate fanMicrobadge: I print my own components.Microbadge: Roads & Boats fanMicrobadge: Depression and Mental Health Awareness
To anyone thinking about doing this, the game has 500 cards so it may take a bit to make them all. You will need what he did have some friends stuff them. We were all playing a game and stuffing cards in sleeves lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I just bought Dominion. It would have been better to make this instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DarkAvatar
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I could only thumb you once in the thread and once in the first post...
thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
500 extra thumbs, one for each card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Truly excellent! Personally I would have gone for 'Ammo' over 'Aim', and 'Kills' over the current Zombie vps, but then I'm just picky.

Hold on. I hear shambling knockings at my door.

brb afk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looking great !!! very nice work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see some of the "old" characters on the cards...those beards man!

Great Work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Castillo
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excelent Work!!!!

Please, some one make this cards to sell..
I wish i could buy it,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |