The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leaving in the morning for Orlando, Fl to take the kids to see the big rat.......where is the best/closest game/comic book shop located at?

PLEASE REPLY!!!!

thanks!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill J
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I saw the rat in June, but managed to get away for a day and visit Sci-Fi City. If my memory is correct, it was on the southeast part of town (approaching, but not in the college area). It had a pretty good collection of games, comics, costumes, collectibles and the like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Van Wallendael
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best place to buy games is Cool Stuff Games which is in Orlando proper. If you are renting a car it is about 45 minutes by car from Disney. They have a great selection and internet prices! Go to www.coolstuffgames.com While you are out that way you want to stop at Sci-Fi City which is about 10 min. from Cool Stuff. They have an excellent selection and other non-gaming items however, the charge retail. So, go to Sci Fi City first and then buy the games at Cool Stuff for 35% lower prices. Hope you have fun in our State!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sci-Fi City is at 6006 E. Colonial drive (407-282-2292). It's close to the intersection of E. Colonial Drive and Rt. 436 (Semoran Boulevard) in the same shopping center with a Home Depot and PetSmart.

If you have time, check out Coliseum of Comics, at 3201 E. Colonial Drive ((407) 228-1210) and 4722 S. Orange Blossom Trail (407) 240-7882).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Zehner
United States
Saint Cloud
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always stop by Cool Stuff Games and Sci-Fi City when I'm in town. Sci-Fi is full retail but they have a lot of stuff while Cool Stuff Games has a slightly smaller inventory but is less than retail.

I recommend Bad Apple Comics for your comic urges, if you have any. They're sprinkled around Orlando.

Take Care,

Gene Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kelly
England
Dartford
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses here - I am off to Orlando on holiday next year and I was wondering where I might pick up some games at US prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuffinc has the best prices in town to put it mildly. Their board game room is just amazing to walk into as they are primarily an on-line company, but you can go into the entire board game warehouse. Sci Fi City is good store. Their prices are full retail, but they are more of an all around comic/RPG/Board gaming/Anime store. Also, its not unusual on the weekends for Richard Borg (Command and Colors System - Battlelore) or Dave Arneson (DnD) to be there. Since Sci Fi is now owned by a distributor, there is the occasional item for sale/closeout that may surprise you.

Take care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
I have to also urge Coolstuff. They have a great board game selection and host the best board game night in town on Wednesdays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svein Main
Norway
Joerpeland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Witch coolstuffstore is the best, Maitland or Winterpark? I dont want to go to both of them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Ocala
Florida
flag msg tools
I am the spy.....
badge
You could be playing a game right now....
mbmbmbmbmb
Maitland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svein Main
Norway
Joerpeland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone know opening hours at Coolstuff Maitland?
Want to go there on sunday, but fear thea are closed...

Hope someone knows...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CPBelt
United States
Fern Park
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.coolstuffgames.com/maitland/

Your wish is my command! meeple

Early Sunday afternoon usually is a pretty good time to go there. You won't have to fight for parking. Saturday morning is good as well. I avoid the place most other times due to crowding. (But then again I live 3 minutes from the store so... )

-----
My miniature, board, and card gaming blog: A League of Ordinary Gamers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svein Main
Norway
Joerpeland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks CPBelt for your help:-) Do you know how early they open at sundays?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Amala
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
"Heke Heke": Hamsterish for "Huh?"
badge
paul@amala.us
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was in the Navy (1980's) and stationed in Orlando I would go to Enterprise 1701 - now it is Sci-Fi City. Whenever I go to Orlando these days I still go there (as numerous others have mentioned).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe no one has pointed out that DisneyWORLD is near Orlando, while DisneyLAND is in California. Turn in your geek badges at once!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls