Subject: Looking for gamers in Rapid City, SD area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Gardner
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Hello,

I am new to the area and would like to find some other gamers. I am most familiar with some of Fantasy Flights games, i.e. TI3 and Descent but would love to learn others as well.

Also, I can't seem to find any gaming stores in the area...that can't be right, could it? It would be the first place I have lived without one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're in South Dakota....zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Roberts
United States
Lead
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I'm in Lead (near Deadwood) and would be interested in playing in the new year... I'm mainly a GMT gamer, but have dallied with Fantasy Flight games.

As far as game stores go, look for Who's Hobby... it is downtown, across from the Assurant Building.

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Wagner

Williston
North Dakota
msg tools
GMT Gamer! WOOT! I've got a few GMT's. I have alot of 'The Gamers" and Avalanche Press games too. I'm near Rapid we should hook up sometime. If you can get to Rapid after the New Year we're going to try to have a game day down at Hobbytown in Tuscany Square off Omaha. I'm putting some flyers up there in a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is kinda out of date, but if you guys are still looking for gamers, I'm a fairly quick jaunt away in Gillette, WY and willing to come out for a game day or something. I'm enjoy FFG games, though I haven't played Descent or TI3 yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in the interest of getting info out

http://www.whoshobby.com/ who's hobby, which has been mentioned before has a selection of board games, but is almost overwhelmed with the other 'hobby' stuff in the store. The owner of whos hobby opened another store not far away dedicated to games. i haven't been yet, but plan to next time i go to Rapid. I'm not sure when it opened, but the Rapid City Journal makes it sound like the store opened just recently.

First Chance Last Chance Games

508 Main St
Rapid City, SD 57701-2734
(605) 342-4263

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas London
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you posted this like a year ago, but I just saw it today...I've got a decently sized boardgaming group here in Rapid but we're always looking for new players. We're around SDSMT, whereabouts do you live?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not the original poster, but I would be interested in swinging out to Rapid for some gaming sometime, for a saturday or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
went over to First Chance Last Chance Games. very friendly staff, willing to sit down and learn a game or teach one. not a huge, but a well lit play area and decent selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Gleason
United States
Asheville
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are friendly at First Chance Games, I will be getting a copy of Descent soon plus the first expansion. Hopefully there will be some people in the area that will want to play. The Rune Wars game looks like a very cool game to try along with Fury of Dracula.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be willing to travel out there on a saturday sometime if you need another person

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Wagner

Williston
North Dakota
msg tools
If any dates are finalized please post online, I would be intrested in showing up too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pick a day (next saturday?) and something to play (does anyone have runewars yets?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cole
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be working in Rapid City for two weeks, April 26-May 4 if anyone is interested in gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Gleason
United States
Asheville
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is just a temporary thing, your visting Rapid City? What kind of games do you play? I have a small gaming group that plays a few times a month on the weekends. Lately we have been playing, Twilight Imperium, Defenders of the Realm, Castle Ravenloft, and Arkham Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cole
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a temporary job assignment for two weeks. I enjoy all four of the games mentioned but only have about 1 play each so far. We have been playing a lot of Zombie State, Conquest of the Planet Earth, and Lords of Vegas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Gardner
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Wow, I haven't checked this thread out in a looooooooong time and it's nice to see there are some gamers out here.

Still looking for a few more to start a regular or even semi-regular game group. I thought I would post here to see who was still interested since this thread has been up for so long.

P.M. me here or email me at vaporeyes77@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Gleason
United States
Asheville
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@kestrel605

I'm always looking for more people to game with, we play on average 4 times a month. There are only 3 to 4 of us right now and we play games like TI, Castle Ravenloft, Defenders of the Realm, etc. If your interested just let me know and we can set something up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Gardner
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
So we now have three people consistently playing on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings/afternoons and are looking for one or two more players. Lately we have been playing Descent, Arkham Horror, Tide of Iron, and Talisman but are also integrating additional games into the rotation.

If interested, please p.m. me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game On
msg tools
I'm interested in finding people who like to play board or card games, but I'm looking for a group where I won't feel like a fish out of water because I'm a middle-aged mom. LOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hadley

Rapid City
South Dakota
msg tools
mb
We are new to the area, but we DO NOT play most fantasy flight games (too long).

We like to play Dominion, 7 wonders, TtR, and the like. Anything longer is tiresome.

We tried to see if there were meetup groups out here, but the only one close doesn't seem to do too much board gaming, and the bulk of them are part of the Pagan group too. While I could care less what people do outside of boardgaming, they don't seem like the kind of folks we like to hang with.

I know SDSM&T has a gaming group, but yeah, the "fish out of water" issue sometimes comes up. Also, I think they play games of all sorts (video games, computer games, etc...); only casual board gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the meetup group you are talking about. Seems like mostly they meetfor movies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hadley

Rapid City
South Dakota
msg tools
mb
Right. Movies are fine but we want same board gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hadley

Rapid City
South Dakota
msg tools
mb
also, I stopped by Who's new BG specific shop. From the newspaper article, I thought it'd be mostly CCG's and wargames, but they had a reasonable selection in terms of eurogames. Nothing REALLY exotic, but games like kingdom builder, quarriors, agricola, Puerto Rico, etc...

Now I just need to find folks to play with.

We are in a small apartment, but the "clubhouse" has space. Also, we have a 2 yr old. If you are kosher with those stipulations, PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're heading out on a family trip to Mt. Rushmore today, any good game stores in area? I'm sure we'll be in Rapid City at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |