Subject: Pimp your profile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: useful [+] BGGhelp [+] HOT-10 [+] [View All]
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey I think my profile is getting pretty respectible looking. I've learned how to add BGG widgets and have done some interesting things with photos. Does anyone have any other ways to pimp their profile? I have tried to find away to add animations or little applications and games, but to no avail.

Do you have a cool profile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know, but it works for me.

Shame we can't tip or thumb profiles, then perhaps we might be able to get some arbitrary feedback on how popular, cool, or otherwise something our profile might be to others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there was that brief stint where you could see how many views your profile got, but that got ubercreepy, so I think the whole idea was scrapped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, how did you get your images to be in one line? I couldn't get mine to do that in my profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I use my profile mainly to advertise my latest contribution. But I don't use anything else than images and/or links. Not so cool therefore. *shrugs*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Orph wrote:
how did you get your images to be in one line?
You mean like this:

Add the word inline after the ImageID in the square brackets. Quote this message to see how if that isn't clear to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheesh, What a goof I am. I tried that before, but didn't think to actually put the code in one line as well.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found Game Photos geeklist very helpful. Especially this page:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/28858/page/5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

Do you have a cool profile?

I think so, but that's me thinking that because I made it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That is cool. How did you do the long pictures on the bottom of your profile? Is it one picture or several linked together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

That is cool. How did you do the long pictures on the bottom of your profile? Is it one picture or several linked together?

it's one large picture I created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Also, is there a list somewhere of the special icons you used? The trains and the dice for instance.

PS: Congrats on your new son!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

Also, is there a list somewhere of the special icons you used? The trains and the dice for instance.

I like my profile.

One thing you can do is link Facebook to it.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
So how do you get your recently played games and other pictures to show up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Recently played and/or Hot 10 in a line. That's the BGG Widget. Read: How to put the BGG Widget in your Profile for instructions how to get it in your profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Verdonck
Belgium
Edegem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
-DK
That looks cool David, how did you do that ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

If you click on view more emoticons you'll see a bunch of cool images

bluetrainyellowtrain5vpd10-3d10-963WOOHOO

Thank you also!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordT wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
-DK

x2

is that a facebook generated code?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your profile. But you seem to be missing some basic key profile info... complete Top 10 and a Hot 10. These are the first things I look at in a profile to try to grasp some idea of what the person likes.

Anyway, I like your what you've done with your profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:
LordT wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
-DK

x2

is that a facebook generated code?

I'm using a pocket PC so I don't have all the information right now; but yes, its a Facebook generated code.

In Facebook at the homepage is a tab at the bottom which either says "put a widget" or "link Facebook to another website." Look for that.

Generated the *.png picture and add it to your profile via img /img code.

You may need to cut the line for the pic a bit like my above BGG widget article states.

Hope this helps.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dshortdesign wrote:
I like your profile. But you seem to be missing some basic key profile info... complete Top 10 and a Hot 10. These are the first things I look at in a profile to try to grasp some idea of what the person likes.

Good point and I am torn about this. I like the visual representation of the top ten and hot games, but only in the larger size. The small size just seems too tiny to me. I can only fit 5 large game pictures inline without having to side scroll the profile. The widget will show everything you have in the top ten or hot ten lists. Even if you tell it to only show 5. Bug? That is why I only have 5 top ten games listed. I wanted my hot ten to represent games I currently covet. So, instead of the hot ten list I have games from my wish list come up under Hot ten (5). I'll have to give some thought to whether there is a better way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:
dshortdesign wrote:

Good point and I am torn about this. I like the visual representation of the top ten and hot games, but only in the larger size. The small size just seems too tiny to me. I can only fit 5 large game pictures inline without having to side scroll the profile. The widget will show everything you have in the top ten or hot ten lists. Even if you tell it to only show 5. Bug? That is why I only have 5 top ten games listed. I wanted my hot ten to represent games I currently covet. So, instead of the hot ten list I have games from my wish list come up under Hot ten (5). I'll have to give some thought to whether there is a better way.

The pictures are great (and it would be cool if you figured out a way that makes you happy), but for me, I still think you need the simple text list of the Top 10 and the Hot 10. Those lists on the bottom right are where I look first every time I go to a profile. I think no matter how cool your profile looks or even if you have your Top 10 represented by images, you should still have them listed in plain text in the bottom right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so when I paste the code for the Widget and try save it in my profile, the code just disappears. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Here is the code you need to use as well as the resulting widget which is the same code, but with the spaces removed from the IMG tags. If you want to cut/paste just the proper code, quote this message. For anyone else, just replace Ninjabob with your User ID:

Recently Played:
[ img ]http://www.boardgamegeek.com/jswidget.php?username=Ninjabob&...[ /img ]

Top 10:

Hot 10:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I really appreciate your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |