Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Brinks
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in Atlanta for two weeks early next year for some business. I'll be staying near the Perimeter Pointe Shopping Center and will not have a car, so public transport would be my method of getting about. Are there any good FLGS that are anywhere close to there? Any thrift stores?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WEll, there is CLS games (sp?) that you can contact via right here on the GEEK. They are NOT an flgs, but you can browse what they have via their listings in the marketplace here, give them a call, and actually probably pick it up from them.

Or, believe it or not, you are an hour and a half from Macon. What's so significant about that, well, you can either have games shipped to you, OR you can give them a call or email and find out when you could do curbside pickup from Boulder Games...one of the BEST and cheapest places to buy boardgames in the US!!! and it's right in Georgia!!!

Other than that, since I normally get from BoulderGames...I couldn't help you much...sorry.

Oh wait, I was wrong, there is one other place I tend to end up occasionally, but it's in Athens, so not quite in Atlanta. There is a place there, right near the campus of the University of Georgia called Tyche's Games. It has an EXCELLENT game selection, including some titles that are currently out of print. Unlike the other two it is an actual store where you can walk into and browse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing much, really. There is Dr. No's in Marietta (which is on the opposite side of town from me, so I haven't been there in years), but that would require a 15-20 minute car ride (depending on traffic).

There used to be several great stores, but all of them have closed.

As for CLS games or BoulderGames, they are mail order only. I do know that Robert will occasionally meet people somewhere near the freeway, but that location is at least 30 minutes by car from your location. Boulder games is several hours south of Atlanta. You should just have them deliver games to you via your shipping company of choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls