Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In Free Trader you can only have two jobs: Trader and Bointy Hunter.

Bored for this? Now with this expansion you can realice your dreams! Now you can work as a miner!

Excited?

Print this three cards and add to the planets deck.

Now, in the "place the planet" turn secuence, if you rob a "Asteroids Field" place it as a planet.

If you place you ship marker in the "Asteroids Field" you can do this: If you spend 5 vectoriums you can buy the rights to exploit the minerals of the field and founding a automated mine ring.

If you spend the 5 vectoriums, place a token in the "Asteroids Field", now is yours!!!!

Now, in the the second turn seccuence (buy), if the event is "none" your mine extract minerals with the value of 1 vectorium. Add the vectorium to your count.

If a Miss-Jump takes place, and you fall in a alternate universe you loss the rights to exploit the minerals of the fields.

OPTIONAL RULE

Now, in the the second turn seccuence (buy), if the event is "none" your mine extract minerals with the value of 1 vectorium. Place a token in the mine. If you place your ship marker in the "Asteroids Field" with the mine, you can collect the tokens. Add as much vectorium as tokens the mine have.

This is the cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I make some changes to clear when you extract minerals.

Now, in the the second turn seccuence (buy), if the event is "none" your mine extract minerals with the value of 1 vectorium. Add the vectorium to your count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malechi
United States
Clearlake
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Malechi's Abridged Substitute Rules:
Based on Expio's original design and modified with linael's review in mind.

Quote:
ASTEROID FIELD

NEW ITEMS:
3 Planet Cards - Asteroid Field
3 Tokens - Asteroid Field token

INSTRUCTIONS:
Insert the three Asteroid Field cards in the Planets Deck before the start of the game and play using the normal Free Trader rules. However, if an Asteroid Field card is the first card drawn, play another Planets card instead. Reshuffle the Asteroid Field card back into the Planets Deck.
Once in play, treat the Asteroid Field as a planet. If you move your Ship marker to an Asteroid Field card, you may purchase the mining rights to that Asteroid Field for a one-time fee of 5 Vectorium. Place an Asteroid Field token on that Asteroid Field card.
For every “None” Events card drawn during step five (5) gain an additional Vectorium. Note this increase on your Vectorium Counter card and continue with step five (5) as normal.
However, if you draw a “Mis-Jump” Events card, remove your Asteroid Field cards and tokens from the game and no longer gain any additional Vectorium from those mining operations. Drawing a “Mis-Jump” Events card does not affect those Asteroid Field cards that do not have Asteroid Field token on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Stich
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I would remove that misjump clause. Get money whenever you draw a police/none event and of course reshuffle it back into the deck if you make a misjump.

You can't buy or sell on it which costs some time and profit. If you get it early you might considering it as an alternate way to recieve money which is fine. If it comes late, its just not worth it. Adding an additional risk will make it even more unattractive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malechi
United States
Clearlake
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Expio and I had our major differences of opinion on the Asteroids rules, however the investment risk factor was never in question. If there is no risk what is the point? Without the risk of the Mis-Jump you simply are investing five Vectorium with a 50/50 possibly of receiving one back each turn based on the flip of a coin for the remainder of the game. There would be zero risk. Why wouldn't you invest in this as there would be no down side whatsoever.

As it stands, with a loss when a Mis-Jump occurs, it becomes an investment opportunity when the market is right. This requires a bit of card counting. How far into the month (through the deck) are you and how many Mis-Jumps have passed and how many remain in the deck. The idea is to maximize your profits based on the odds ... Asteroids is definitely the gambler's expansion as a good gambler can profit from this expansion more than any other!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks, do I understand it correctly that the "Mis-jump" has to simply be printed on a subsequently drawn Event card in order for you to lose the Asteroid mining spot? So say if the very next Event card lists "Mis-jump", you lose the Asteroid straight away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls