Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Brick&Mortar_Store_directories [+] [View All]
JMC Raven
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live about 20 miles just past the boonies. However, I will be in Kansas City this coming Easter (visiting the folks). Does anybody have a recommendation for a good game store in the KC, or better yet, Independence area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of two stores in the area, but they are on the KS side. One is TableTop in Lenexa and the other is 31st Century Games in Olathe. I have nothing in MO for you though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JMC Raven
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I checked out Table Top's web site. It... Ummmmm... it needs some work. What is the liklihood of either place selling Igloo Pop? Does anybody else know of any places on the MO side of KC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I'm in Chicago now, I haven't been to either one in a few months. The best recommendation that I could give you, would be to call about a two weeks before you are in the area and see if they have one in stock.
If they don't I'm sure either store would be happy to order one in. That way it should be there by the time you are in the area. Just tell them your situation and usually they will help as best they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carlton
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop had one copy of Igloo Pop in stock when I was there last week.

There is also a group of boardgamers that meets in the store every Thursday night from around 7:00 or so to midnight, give or take. About half the store is set up for gaming - very nice. Drop by if you get the chance. (FYI, the sales side closes at 8:00 each night.)

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pulp Fiction Comics and games is in Lee's Summit. I dont think there is a copy of igloo pop in currently, but this is the owner:

Andy Mahon:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/PulpFiction

He will order it. In fact I'll have him order 2 and probably buy one myself.

Table Top is also a great place! The owner Phil really knows how to cater to his people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, reminicing.

Any of you KC geeks know if the place out on Metcalf at around 110th is still there? It was a wargaming shop, had lots of military paraphenalia. I think the name was like "The King's Corner", or something like that. Used to love that place...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When would that have been around? From my 10 years in the area I've seen: Goblin Games (103rd & Metcalf); TableTop (77th and Quivera); Battlezone (95th and Quivera); Pirate Games (95th and Quivera); 31st Centruy (135th and BlackBob); Mythical Realms (Some Mall). All of these were on the KS side (outside Mythical as I don't know where it was exactly)...Pirate, Goblin and Mythical are no more though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No early-mid 80s. If you were on Metcalf, (that was the N-S street wasn't it), and you went past King Louie, then past the Glennwood Theatre, then Past Metcalf South. You would go down a hill to an intersection, and then start going up a hill. before you got to College Blvd, there was a strip mall-ish kind of place on the left. It was in there.

Dang youngsters! We used to have to drive for a half hour to look at games. And we liked it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Paprocki
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
31st Centruy (135th and BlackBob)

31st Century is at 151st and Mur-Len in Olathe. 31

Walking distance from my house. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Mahon
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
As Ryan already mentioned, I have KC's newest store by the name of Pulp Fiction Comics & Games. Located right off of 291 S. hwy and 50hwy (2 doors to the right of Price Chopper set in the huge strip mall...can be seen fro the hwy) we have a hell of a lot to offer the area with 3000sq. ft. of space filled with all kinds of games. This coupled with our hours of operation (Fridays, Saturdays and most Sundays open til midnight) we have already seen a tremendous response for being open only 6 months. Take for example, our board-game bights have been seeing an average of 30+ people every Sunday evening. Great stuff!

Anyway, give me a call or drop me a line on here sometime if any of you out there want to know more.

Oh, one more thing I might add... I will be heading to the GAMA Show in Vegas in two weeks so hopefully I should have all kinds of news (and maybe even a few early copies!!!) about the hoard of games being released during the rest of the year!

-Andrew Mahon, Owner
Pulp Fiction Comics & Games
298 SW Blue Parkway
Lees Summit, MO 64063

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Truitt
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YEAH! 31st REWLS!! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles A. Smith
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad, I am familiar with the store you mention. They had lots of military memorabilia for sale as well. Interesting because they didn't have much, if any, comic book sales. The store was a required stop for me whenever I traveled to KC. It's been closed now for many years, maybe ten or more. I still tear up when I drive by that group of stores.
cry

Chuck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Truitt
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it clint's comics you we're looking for, or perhaps goblin games. (both were awsome store that have been closed for a while now). It's funny you mention the comics though. For the most part, comics and gaming material have gone thru a strange "segrigation" of sorts in Kansas City and it's underlying suburbs. Can't quite figure out what's up with that. Is this happening anywhere else in the country that people have noticed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Truitt
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waaa... cry i miss Goblin's
 Thumb up